Main Menu

WHAT YOU GET? xmas 2014

Started by Devons Daddy, 27 December, 2014, 05:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

if this is a double post please advise me, always like the WHAT DID YOU GET THREAD!!
hence the question,

advise and redirect me PLEASE or
tell us tell us tell us.

:D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Colin YNWA

About 8 inchs of snow this morning it would seem!

shaolin_monkey

I got the 'Comics Unmasked: Art and Anarchy in the UK' book from my father, which was an awesome surprise!

http://shop.bl.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/BritishLibrary/_ISBN_9780712357357/516061/Comics-Unmasked%3A-Art-and-Anarchy-in-the-UK-%28paperback%29

PLus he got me a 12 year old bottle of Glenlivet which I shall partake of later this evening.

I also got pretty much the only item of Xmas clothing I am ever likely to wear (and indeed am wearing it now) from my sister: 

Money from mum and stepmum, both very welcome.

A Last Exit to Nowhere voucher from my little sis, with which I bought this little beauty:

http://www.lastexittonowhere.com/shop/product/millennium-falcon-target-fitted-t-shirt/

...and some other bits and bobs like beer, chocolate etc.

To be honest I was not expecting anything at all, as my family seemed to come together when I bankrupted myself buying a house in October, getting me a washing machine, giving me cash for other white goods, providing paint and labour to get it redecorated and help me move in etc.  My mum even gave me a grand and lent me another towards the mortgage. 

It was almost like that scene at the end of 'It's a Wonderful Life' where [spoiler]all the townsfolk pile in with their spare cash to get George out of trouble.[/spoiler]   :'( :D

As such, for me to get such awesome Xmas prezzies from them all as well leaves me feeling extremely blessed.  Grud bless 'em all!

What did everyone else get?

ZenArcade

e chance to re read the my progs from 1850 till 1911 and the year end progs and both the specials. So my greatest gift, bar the love of family, was the time and space to relax and immerse myself n the world of Thargdom; and a mighty realm it is. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Rog69

Quote from: ZenArcade on 27 December, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
e chance to re read the my progs from 1850 till 1911 and the year end progs and both the specials. So my greatest gift, bar the love of family, was the time and space to relax and immerse myself n the world of Thargdom; and a mighty realm it is. Z

I am working through my pile of shame while I have a few days off work too, I'm up to prog 1874 so far, its been a busy year for me but I didn't realise just how far behind I had gotten  :o.

I didn't really want much for Christmas, wife got me a Chromecast and gave me planning permission for a new graphics card for my PC. Had some nice beers too. I'm just happy to have the time to catch up with my family and friends and mess about with the kids for a few days before jumping back in to what looks like a very busy (but fun) start to 2015.

sheridan

I received the Year One Omnibus - which I finally found time to start reading today...

Mardroid

I got bathroom stuff from my Dad and his wife.
A jumper from her daughter, which was very sweet, as I'm not close to her family at all.
Star Trek: Into Darkness Blu-ray (What? I like it!) and Centurion DVD from a mate.
A couple of beers from another mate.
I've another friend who got me stuff but I haven't met up with her yet.

Mangamax

This is by far my favourite book this year - a stunning book on the works of Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin.
Not much in the way of text, but what there is is very informative, but the photos are just stunning

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Daveycandlish

I got a stinking cold off the wife
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Mattofthespurs

Saga of the Swamp Thing vol 4
Hellblazer graphic novels (new editions) 1-9
American Supernatural Tales (HB Book)
Haunted Castles - Ray Russell (HB Book)
6 Gothic Tales - Vincent Price blu ray box set - Arrow
Shivers steel book blu ray - Arrow
Mark Of the Devil blu ray - Arrow
Night of the Comet blu ray - Arrow
Nekromantic 3 disc ltd edition blu ray - Arrow
2 Bottles of Chivas Regal whiskey
1 Bottle of Drambuie
1 book on Spurs

Very good haul this year. Well impressed  :P

Mattofthespurs

Oh, and nearly trapped on the M1 on the way back after the Leicester v Spurs match on Boxing Day.
Luckily we managed to outrun it.

amines2058

Loads of art supplies for me. A bleedproof marker pad, a pack of promarkers, a pack of spectrum noir markers, a pentel brush pen, a kneadable eraser and a little fishing / craft box to store them all in!
Plus then the usual clothes pants socks smellies etc!
So whilst am off work am enjoying trying out all my new bits of kit doodling and sketching whenever I get the chance!

Hawkmumbler

Do tell us if the Spectrum Noir markers are worth the price. I've been eyeing a set up for months.

I got.
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (an oldy but a goody from what i've heard)
The Incal hardback
Old volume one of Fist of the North Star in full colour
A notebook book to keep convention sketches in
Some cute little "Branch" pencils
Several bottels of Innis and Gunn 'smacks lips'
"Oddka". Flavored vodka. Melon. It's yummy.
Lime and Chilli chocs
Straight Jeans

Here's the big one though, a bloody Tanspac XT Wing from Dive Rite. Bloody expense bit of kit but one of the best BCD's on the market. Bleeding chuffed.

Oh, and a cute little fried egg mold in the shape of an Owl.

amines2058

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 December, 2014, 09:56:34 AM
Do tell us if the Spectrum Noir markers are worth the price. I've been eyeing a set up for months.

I got.
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (an oldy but a goody from what i've heard)
The Incal hardback
Old volume one of Fist of the North Star in full colour
A notebook book to keep convention sketches in
Some cute little "Branch" pencils
Several bottels of Innis and Gunn 'smacks lips'
"Oddka". Flavored vodka. Melon. It's yummy.
Lime and Chilli chocs
Straight Jeans

Here's the big one though, a bloody Tanspac XT Wing from Dive Rite. Bloody expense bit of kit but one of the best BCD's on the market. Bleeding chuffed.

Oh, and a cute little fried egg mold in the shape of an Owl.

Hi Hawkmonger, not used markers for years but in comparison to the pro-markers that I also have, am not seeing any real difference, plus they seem to blend well.
The best part of it is that the set of 24 that I got including the blender only cost £19.99 from the Range. where as a 6 pack is priced at £9.99?  :D

Professor Bear

Mostly trinkets (action figures, videogames, etc), booze, and a single deodorant/shower gift package, which is a bummer because I am probably the only person who likes getting those as I always run out and forget to get more.  Also a husky - because what someone who lives in a first floor flat and who can barely organise his time as it is really needs in their life is a howling bodily-waste machine that requires constant supervision and will soon be one of the largest and most notoriously destructive and hyperactive dogs you can find without actually getting a for-reals wolf and sticking that in your home.  I am now convinced I am the only person in my family who knows how to do presents.