Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con - 2015

Started by Satanist, 31 March, 2015, 02:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Well, it seems I'll be there on Sunday! Woohoo!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Ghost MacRoth

Look forward to meeting you all! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Satanist

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 29 June, 2015, 08:14:39 PM

Woo and indeed Hoo!  :)

But it does mean you will miss Sat night where I will be a lightweight and skulk off early and Buttonman and Proudhuff will drunkenly argue about letter writing before falling into each others arms and sobbing uncontrollably.

I imagine.

Actually starting to get quite hyped for this now.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

Hang on? More people attending? Aren't we meant to be pulling out by now?

I'm still up for it btw.  And may even make the Friday night drink and draw session as well.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JUDGE BURNS

I can't wait to get to my first comic con and I'm bringing my youngest son. He will be in costume as well.
Is there a car park near by to the event at all?

Satanist

There is multi-story one behind the Kings theatre on Bath street (one down from Sauchiehall st) which is quite near. Think its quite pricey though.

Proudhuff

Can a grown up organise a group photo? maybe at the bar the 2000ad stall?
DDT did a job on me

JUDGE BURNS

I'm sure my wife will oblige ...that's if she tags along ! :-)

My gun holster arrived today but it's not big enough to hold my lawgiver MK 2 from planet replicas!!
Can anyone suggest a last minute replacement for a lawgiver???  Would any of the small nerf guns do?

Buttonman

Quote from: Satanist on 30 June, 2015, 10:56:00 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 29 June, 2015, 08:14:39 PM

Woo and indeed Hoo!  :)

But it does mean you will miss Sat night where I will be a lightweight and skulk off early and Buttonman and Proudhuff will drunkenly argue about letter writing before falling into each others arms and sobbing uncontrollably.

I imagine.

That's unlikely to happen for a fifth straight year.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Who's meeting who, where?

I'm coming back from Spain for this, so use my ruddy glow (ie my scarlet face) as a beacon
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Either at the bar in CCA or likely later the Whetherspoons across the road. Folk just tend to gather randomly, like belly button fluff.

8-Ball

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 30 June, 2015, 04:36:20 PM
Who's meeting who, where?

I'm coming back from Spain for this, so use my ruddy glow (ie my scarlet face) as a beacon

I'll be the skinny dude with the buzz cut sitting in the CCA bar reading his purchases. I'm pretty sure that I was in the presence of my fellow squaxx last year but my terminal shyness prevented me from introducing myself. Hello in advance to anyone who thinks that they've seen me.  :wave:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 30 June, 2015, 02:50:30 PM
I'm sure my wife will oblige ...that's if she tags along ! :-)

My gun holster arrived today but it's not big enough to hold my lawgiver MK 2 from planet replicas!!
Can anyone suggest a last minute replacement for a lawgiver???  Would any of the small nerf guns do?

I have a NERF gun that my little brother custom made into a lwgiver for my birthday. I can't recall what it was. But I will bring it along and, if it fits your holster, I'm happy to let you borrow it for the weekend.  It fires bullets and everything.

He has a Facebook page called MONKEYTRON COLLECTIVE where he shows the custom figures and nerf guns he does - it will probably be somewhere in the photos from around August 2014.

Tiplodocus

Oh it was a Retailliator. (Or in old Nerf gun language, I think that was a RECON).

Rebellion should totally do a kickstarter for Mark I and Mark II Lawgiver Nerf guns... (I'm kidding!)