Main Menu

Prime #1 (uber cheap comic deal of the day)

Started by mrstu, 16 April, 2015, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrstu

For the next twelve hours mine and Israel Huertas' s capes and capers epic 'Prime' is available to download for only 5c (2p) Really appreciate it you could check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks

http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/133163/Prime---Issue-1-the-future-is-bulletproof?src=social_media_link#.VS_hcPb4kqw.twitter

mrstu

By the way, there's a preview of the first four pages in the link if your interested.

mrstu

Dandontdare

I've had a look at the cover - generic  superhero pose.

Even at a a nominal price of oennies, nobody's going to go through the hassle of ordering it if they haven;t actually been able to see anything of it.

mrstu

If you click the 'full size preview' on the link you can read the first four pages

Professor Bear

From the safety of my armchair and not having actually made the effort to make a comic and put it out there in this way myself, my tuppence is this: I like the art as it has a weight to it, but it's hard to get a handle on the writing in two pages.  The logo is also a bit busy-looking to my eyes.
I'd buy it for that price, though - I mean, is 5 cents even a penny of real money?  I'd buy a comic for a penny - if, you know, that bloody site would let me create an account.
Is this on Comicsy?  I have an account there that actually seems to want my money, they don't charge your store for hosting less than 100mb of data, and their transaction process isn't automated so you don't run afoul of the EUVAT clusterfuck.

Greg M.

I've had a look too – I do like the art, particularly when the artist goes for bolder blacks rather than the more cross-hatched effects. As for the lettering – it's functional, but the spacing when apostrophes are used is a bit jarring. Like Bear says, hard to say much about the writing with only a couple of pages – is this a straightforward superhero story or is it going to go off in a different direction?

Professor Bear

When I - increasingly infrequently - does comics myself, I try to put as much of the central premise up front as possible, as I know that the first four of five pages will be your "pitch" to the reader.  He gets a lot of stick, but Mark Millar is great at doing this, whereas US writers generally tend to try and have their pitch be the final page of the first issue even though publishers rarely ask for a finished first issue as a submission.

mrstu

Thanks for your feedback guys. It's only available through that site or printed copies are available directly from me for £4 (Inc p and p) and no it's not your standard superhero story. That's unless government conspiracies, exploding chests, experiments on pregnant women and cyborg bank robberies are considered standard these days.

mrstu