Main Menu

Making my own (non-2000AD) Sun WuKong!

Started by shaolin_monkey, 28 August, 2015, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

At least one of you seemed amenable to me posting a non-2000AD creation, so here he is.

I'm still working on him - had a nasty accident after baking him which  left him in pieces on my kitchen floor, but after some repair work he's ready to paint.

Some of you may remember the tattoo I have of the Monkey King on my back. He's been with me ever since I saw the Japanese TV series as a child.  I've also read a couple of the translations of Journey to the West, and seen quite a few films. I have countless bits of Monkey King tat scattered about the house.

Anyway, I wanted to do a homage to the source - the TV series.  However, I wanted to add my own flavour.  As such, while he's wearing the TV outfit, the rest I made up as I went along.

Anyway, here he is so far:

Dandontdare

there's only one word for that....

IRREPRESSIBLE!

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Fungus

Looks ready for Supersurf (tm).
Excellent.

shaolin_monkey

I, Cosh

We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

Atreides

Wow! Great work!

My wife is from China and we both love monkey King! Especially The 1986 chinese tv show.

Again, awesome!  :D
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

shaolin_monkey

Cheers guys. While I'm not 100% happy with it (weird looking arms, head a bit big) I'm starting to get the hang of the Sculpey, plus I'm pleased with the even paint job in his clothes. I had fun figuring out the best stand to make the cloud look like it was in mid-air too. Learning all the time!

I'm taking a brief break from modelling to catch up on other stuff now (it's very time consuming) but this'll give me time to consider my next project.