Main Menu

The House of Tharg Original Comic Art Group Facebook Page

Started by hippynumber1, 06 September, 2015, 10:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

This is a new facebook page set-up and run by me for all fans and collectors of original art that is in some way, shape or form connected to 2000AD and it's sister publications. All are welcome, there will be no 'unpleasantness' or 'playground politics'. If you want to be somewhere solely for the love of the art then drop on in.

hippynumber1

And if you're the person who just tried to join, I'm sorry I pressed ignore by mistake! Try again and I'll add you!

hippynumber1

I've just noticed that I have put an apostrophe in the possessive 'its'; I am a knobber!

Fungus

Wow. I let that pass so often yet you're apologising. Ha!
Also, good work on the page. Very possibly I am the unfortunate joiner and after repeated attempts it continued to fail. I know not why. No big deal, will retry later.

Good luck with the page. No original art, but it's a good subject and I may post my teeny collection of art droid sketches.

ming

I have no objections to boring people by posting all my pages all over again but, just out of curiosity, what's the difference between this group and the other one?

hippynumber1

The differences are interesting and subtle - I haven't set up the group in competition with the other one and I wouldn't expect anybody to pick one or the other. I've also tried to make it as different from the other one as possible but maintaining the focus on what I love most. So, there is a slightly wider scope, for example, whereby I have a 'Bacon Rule of 1' - you can post art by artists who have not worked for 2000AD if they have worked with someone who has! You could post a page from Batman inked by Bruce Patterson because he inked Bolland on Camelot 3000!