Main Menu

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Started by Goaty, 25 November, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I totally agree about marvel's excellent casting choices - Evans has made that role his own, Robert Downey is also an absolutely perfect Tony Stark (charismatic but a bit of a prick), and the new Spider-man is spot on too.

I thought it interesting that so many of the main players were [spoiler]avenging dead families - first Black Panther, then we find out the main villain was too, and finally Iron Man - only Cap had truly altruistic motives beyond personal revenge[/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

I'm sorry, but as much as I agree with all this talk, the best cast choice Marvel have done thus far is David Tennant as Killgrave. Bloody fantastic.

Dandontdare

closely followed by D'Onofrio's Kingpin, the best depiction of that character so far.

JamesC

Went to see Civil War last night and absolutely loved it - easily up there with the very best of Marvel's output.

Michael Knight

Totally agree with you JamesC! Have loved all 3 Captain america solo movies so far! Is it me or have they actually got better as they have gone along?
Have to admit I've still got soft spot for the 1990 Captain America movie. Cheesy to be sure but fun nonetheless. As for the 1970s Captain America movies I actually couldnt believe how bad they were. Made the much maligned 1990 film look like a masterpiece by comparison.  :lol:

Dudley

Quote from: radiator on 08 May, 2016, 10:20:15 PM

Loved [spoiler]Jim Rash/Dean Pelton[/spoiler]'s cameo [spoiler]Was wondering which Community alum the Russos would sneak in this time![/spoiler]

4/5.

I just love that he got promoted from [spoiler]Greendale[/spoiler] all the way up to the Ivy League, without changing his character one bit.

The Legendary Shark

Saw this last week. Enjoyed it immensely - although I think it was a shade too long.

I'd love to see Evans playing the Human Torch and Captain America in the same film. Some humour could be milked out of Johnny Storm forever being mistaken for Cap - but never the other way around.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Finally saw it on iTunes, how awesome was it! Loved it!