Main Menu

Pat Mills interview, from BEM #35 - 1982

Started by David Price, 25 May, 2016, 06:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

What a cover to that Fantasy Express, O'Neill logo too.

Leigh S

Even better, it's a wrap around!!!

Quote from: maryanddavid on 26 May, 2016, 11:30:56 PM
What a cover to that Fantasy Express, O'Neill logo too.

glassstanley

The Making of Nemesis article in BEM is a puzzler. In the Tharg's Head Revisited strip in Prog 500, O'Neill references the episode and says how it was censored by editorial. I don't see any evidence of that here...

ming

David, I've just finished scanning BEM 36; will check that all the pages got emailed to me correctly and once I've renumbered everything I'll figure out a suitable transfer solution (a lot of scans involved, even with an A3 scanner!).  Will be in touch.

(And I'll do the Fantasy Express issue next week.)

David Price

That's great. Thanks for your hard work on this (and believe me, I know it's not the most enjoyable activity in the world  ;) ).

I can always give you access to my *app.box.com* storage space, if push comes to shove.

Cheers,
Dave.

ming

No problem - did you get my message?  If not, just p.m. me with an email address and I'll send you the link to the .pdf.

David Price

:D

Many thanks for this, Ming, I've downloaded both files safely, and will work on it over the weekend.
I was putting together issue 2 this morning, and as you cam imagine, there's quite a difference.

Cheers for your hard work,

Dave

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: David Price on 25 May, 2016, 06:14:53 PM
This is the penultimate issue of BEM Fanzine- By Martin Lock - 1982

The last two issues of BEM (35,36) were printed in the U.S. ,

Aha! That finally solves the mystery of how copies of #36 made it to the Black Hole Bookshop in Chesser Street in Adelaide, South Australia. & why Teen Stevie never saw any subsequent issues.

Never understood at the time the need for a British comics zine to tediously deconstruct the first appearance of the Fantastic Four elsewhere in this issue but Pat railing against Paddy McGinty's Goat is a real treat.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"