Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - DREDD'S DEAD, BABY, DREDD'S DEAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 August, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Theblazeuk

Give it another couple of days and at this rate there will be something even better!

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, despite the unfortunate turn of events earlier in the thread the quality has been outstanding. Everything I'd hoped for and more
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

I think we need a top 20 this month rather than a top three. Choosing a trio will be impossible. The HR list is going to be a long one.

Echidna

Quote from: -MikeD- on 22 August, 2016, 11:40:27 PM
My second attempt-- Ambushed By Death!

That is absolutely outstanding, Mike. Can we have a higher-res version so we can get a closer look at it?

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 August, 2016, 12:41:07 PM
I think we need a top 20 this month rather than a top three. Choosing a trio will be impossible. The HR list is going to be a long one.

Agreed; I think we'll need at least a top five, and even then putting them in order is going to be tough.

It's a pity James won't be entering, but even without him the standard this month is even higher than usual. I'm starting to feel like I picked the wrong month to get my pencils out...

-MikeD-

2000ad fans are known to be a discerning bunch, so thanks for your nice comments. It's obvious that everyone has upped their game this month, probably inspired by a few excellent doodles posted at the very start of the comp. And there's still time for more entries...

For Echidna and anyone else who's interested, there's a 300dpi version of Ambushed in my Dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0s14ctltwphxk9/AbushedByDeath_300dpi.jpg?dl=0

TonyHoldsworth

Hiya lads, this is my first post to this board and it's against some stiff competition! Cheers to Bhuna for telling me about this board!

TonyHoldsworth

I forgot to put in the caption that my idea was that Dredd will just go and go 'til he's too old to do it any more, and some random encounter is the end, hence the walking stick.

Tjm86

It would be great if Rebellion would do prints of the top three or so at least.

CrazyFoxMachine

Blimey this month has taken off  :o

Yes on the occasion of a multitude before ('Zombies' I think it was) we did a five vote instead of a three vote with four runners-up instead of two. Will mull it over!

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

deadman1971

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 August, 2016, 09:17:56 PM
I LOVE Deadman's entry, brilliant!

Okay, so usual, this was so much better In my head. Dredd - Hard as nails and just as stubborn, even in death...

Thanks Pete, i just wanted to do something really simple. love the Dredd to tough for the grinders, made me chuckle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TordelBack

I've always been opposed to the idea of Dredd ultimately dying at the hands of Death and/or the Dark Judges, but having seen MikeD's entry I'm now fine with it. Absolutely incredible.

james newell

Darren Stephens

Wow, love that pose, James. I can really feel the strain from here!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^