Main Menu

Garth Ennis War Stories

Started by ManParrish, 27 August, 2016, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManParrish

I see that Avatar have re-released the first 2 TPB of War Stories originally printed by Vertigo, and have continued the series with Ennis's current run on Avatar. I was wondering if anyone had read whether these are likely to get a hardcover omnibus edition?

Mute77

I loved the 2 Vertigo books and would definitely recommend them. The stories are excellent and many of the artists are from 2000ad. I have yet to read the Avatar books but I would definitely upgrade to hardcovers if ever they came out. Battlefields by Ennis is also a very good war series I think that was published by dynamite and I got them all in hc.

ManParrish

I also have the Battlefield books in HC, and are excellent. I've read some of the new Avatar comics, however I found them a bit hit and miss. Garth and Carlos also have World of tanks coming out this week that looks good

Mute77

The thing I liked about Vertigo War Stories was that the stories were pretty much self contained. If memory serves i think the dynamite stories kind of follow on in each book. Ennis can write really powerful stuff when's he's on top form-one of my favourite writers. Will check out World of Tanks!