Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 September, 2016, 12:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

FIFTH PLACE - UWE DE WITT

FOURTH PLACE - STEVEN DENTON

THIRD PLACE - JAMES NEWELL

SECOND PLACE - MIKED

FIRST PLACE - MARK HIGGINS

Blimey - certainly an eventful month, but we had a surge of positivity over the last fortnight or so that has pushed this into being one of the most productive in recent memory if not the entire history of the competition. Absolutely incredible - the bumper vote added to the intrigue and we had a last minute position switch around between the amazing MikeD and the stunning Mark Higgins.

I will say going over the entries again just now I was stunned to see I'd left out eamonn1961's piece "Stiff Competition" from the voting thread.

Sincere apologies to Eamonn for my oversight there - I hope this doesn't put you off contributing again!

THARG'S CHOICE goes to DAVID TIMONEY

...and our Droid's Choice this month comes from recent coverlord and rising international comics star RYAN BROWN

QuoteMark Higgins & Uwe de Bolt's Skull image (5th and 1st above). I think these are my two favourites, they are simple ideas and work really well, they could be covers for 2000 AD!

Mark Higgins' image is really well done, the rendering is fantastic and there's depth to it. Uwe de Witt's image - I really like the contrast of Dredd's helmet to the rest of the image it stands out really well, the shine on the glass and the skull look great.

There where so many images I liked it was hard to pick my favourite I can see future 2000 AD artists in there if they all keep up the hard work :)

NEW THEME IMMINENT

Andy Lambert

Congratulations on the top 5 - extremely well done, chaps!
Kudos as always to CFM for impeccable hosting duties.

And the contest begins again...! :D

Colin YNWA

Absolutely superb month well done to all those who placed but also all those who entered what must have been one of the great months in the comps history for all the bumps in the road. Fantastic to see such a range of entries and thanks to CFM for welcoming them all. Hats off to you sir.

-MikeD-

Thanks to the folks who voted for one of my entries, or gave me a HM, much appreciated. And, of course, thanks to CFM for organising this massive comp - it all went smoothly in the end. Second place is, I think, the best I've ever done.

Eamonn Clarke

Excellent work, and one of the finest batch of entries in recent memory.

Have to say my appalling bit of photoshppery wasn't really intended as a proper entry so no harm done. Maaybe one day I'll come up with an idea as good as my Judge Death/Dark Knight Returns pic for the advent calendar.

Well done to the winners and all the entries.

mightybren

Congrats to the top 5! This month has been awesome, and a lot of fun!

james newell

Yes! Well done Mark! powerful painting!
j

sheridan

Damn it - didn't get my vote in in time.  Not that I'd have been able to decide what to vote for anyway!

Tulio_Vilela

Thanks for all who gave me a HM. I did n't voted cause was really very hard to choice the five best works among so many good works and I really liked many more works than only five.

maryanddavid

Missed the vote too, great entry's all, and worthy winner. Mention to to CFM for the organisation.

Fungus

Well done to the winners and especially CFM whose efforts are always appreciated.

Tulio_Vilela

Brian Corcoran

Well done and congratulations to Mark Higgins and the rest of the top 5 - absolutely excellent work from all! What a great month of drawings. Big thanks to CFM for pulling it all together.

Dunk!

Didn't get my vote in due to mulling over the excellent entries for to long.

Huge admiration for all those who took part.

Dunk!
"Trust we"