Main Menu

HAVN

Started by sheridan, 13 October, 2016, 12:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 October, 2016, 11:52:27 PM
The thrills continue - Thrill-Cast: Future Shock has been out for seven days now (and I only realised today!)  Blurb below:

Si Spencer and Jake Lynch talk HAVN, the new story for the Judge Dredd Megazine that explores a so-called "perfect society" in Scandinavia in the world of Judge Dredd.

Pronounced Har-ven.

Sounds interesting - seeing as most judge systems we've seen have been variations on the same theme (with a bit of corruption thrown in if they're in Las Vegas of Cuidad Barranquilla) I'm looking forward to seeing a liberal judge regime in Iceland (or thereabouts).

BPP

Ireland is always portrayed as fairly liberal from the basis of Garth Ennis' 'the irish don't give a fxxk long as there is drink' perspective. The UK in Dredd and Armitage seems fairly liberal to allow all those 'oh the english are so quirky' type things. Naturally both have had 'lax facade leads to iron fist usurping power' scenarios with MC's recent slew into both focusing on brutish regimes and real politic.

Oz too was pretty liberal.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sheridan

Quote from: BPP on 13 October, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Ireland is always portrayed as fairly liberal from the basis of Garth Ennis' 'the irish don't give a fxxk long as there is drink' perspective. The UK in Dredd and Armitage seems fairly liberal to allow all those 'oh the english are so quirky' type things. Naturally both have had 'lax facade leads to iron fist usurping power' scenarios with MC's recent slew into both focusing on brutish regimes and real politic.

Oz too was pretty liberal.

Oz is definitely the most liberal of the ones we've seen.  Right from the beginning Ireland has been portrayed as owned by Brit-Cit multinationals for tourism though - you imagine it's as nice a place to live as any seaside town off-season...

O Lucky Stevie!

Surely Stevie isn't the sole squaxx who is disappointed that this announcement doesn't herald the long overdue Harke & Burr to the Meg -- the mere thought of Hamster Horror still provokes giggles almost a quarter of a century on -- but Judge Bjork* does indeed sound like a fresh take on the Dreddworld strip. Colour Stevie intrigued.

*fresh from her cameo in [spoiler]Alastair Reynolds & Stephen Baxter's excellent The Medusa Chronicles too[/spoiler]. That gal does get about a bit, doesn't she?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"