Main Menu

THE 2000AD ADVENT CALENDAR 2016 COMMENTS THREAD.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2016, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Broughton

Andrew Lambert's festive 2000AD pictures have have never failed to bring a smile to my face.
M.I.K's Zombo game was brilliant.
Albion's Cup cakes get to the core of all that is Christmas for me ...my stomach.
Manga Max's Biog breakdown service really brough back nostalgic memories of early 2000AD for me...Thank you.
Eamonn's Pod cast is always a joy to listen to.
Trout's Mega times news paper front page also brought a smile to my face...thank you Trout.
Owen's touching tribute to the loss of Stephen Prestwood made me appreciate things a little more.
The Anderson -PSI strip by Lee, Dunk and Bolt has been a joy to read.
Shaolin Monkey and Filippo's Dredd Calvin and Hobbs strip + Mike D's annualAngel gang strip was+ Colins Joseph and Horse strip+Alex's Dirty Frank Piccy all made me laugh out loud.
David Yeh's Anderson Xmas story was touching and some lovely artwork to boot.
Filippo's festive Judge Santa water colour card is just great.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to create all the wonderful contibutions this year.  Peace and goodwill to you all! :D :D

Eamonn Clarke

Well done to everyone who took part. Absolutely outstanding contributions all round.
The real spirit of Christmas generated by our very own P-WLS and his mischievous elf Jingles.

von Boom

What an outstanding calendar this year! Thank you to all you talented citizens! :)

Andy Lambert

What a shame the calendar has come to an end already, but it's been an absolute joy to see and be involved in! Thank you for all the lovely comments about my contributions, and thank you to EVERYONE who submitted something! It really is a projects I look forward to each year!
Love the submissions from the art droids too - someone please market the Dark Judges of Tedworld as toys..!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful Christmas and all the very best for the New Year! Ho! Ho! Ho! :D

Heath C Ackley

Great stuff again everyone. I'm only sorry that circumstances meant that I was unable to contribute this year. Maybe next time.

Merry Christmas!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Heath C Ackley on 24 December, 2016, 03:57:10 PM
Great stuff again everyone. I'm only sorry that circumstances meant that I was unable to contribute this year. Maybe next time.

Merry Christmas!

Aye, brilliant stuff, all. Pete, in case you didn't get my PMs, I'm really sorry your gift didn't arrive before the big day. Hope everyone has a great Christmas anyway
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

flip-r mk2

Another most excellent calendar, well done all, you've made this grumpy ol' bugger smile all December long  :P

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Colin YNWA

Another great year in the annuals of one of the internets true treasures. Each and every entry (well one aside) has so much to admire (the other was a pretty straight lift!) and I'm so chuffed to be part of a community that pulls so much fun out of so many people. It seems silly to highlight anything, or anyone BUT as others have said there are two who do deserve special praise.

Andy Lambert who would be deserving of a mention if he'd just produced one of his masterpieces but to have crafted so many and keeping the whole endeavour afloat a couple of days is just an astonishing effort. Hats - and any other clothing you want -off to you sir.

And of course the mighty, mighty Mr Wells, who for those of you who've never meet him, is in the real work a grumpy old woman from Colchester, sorry Pete its time you were outed, but regardless is the boards greatest export... speaking of which I'm off to Facebook to see if there's any way I can appropriately thank him...

...wow...

...That man does have big love!

-MikeD-

Loved the whole thing once again. Such a great and seasonal spirit of mischievous wonder and genuine humour. Thanks for the entertainment everybody... it was beautiful! Merry Christmas!

RaggedMan

Long time lurker, seldom poster. First thing I look for every morn. Great work all. Thank you. X

Pete Wells

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 December, 2016, 08:17:20 PM
Speaking of which I'm off to Facebook to see if there's any way I can appropriately thank him...

Naked photographs Colin, always naked photographs.

The Legendary Shark

Yet another tour de force from our stupendous Cybersquaxx, keeping the ember in December all warm and glowing. Thank you, one and all, for adding a splash of magnificence to this, the grimmest of months.

May The Mighty One bless you all.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

Well done everyone, the thread of the year delivers scrotnig festive thrills once again.

Merry Christmas.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Buttonman

Great effort - many thanks to all contributors and especially to Pete for putting it all together.