Main Menu

Woe is me!!!!!!!

Started by Malchidiel, 15 March, 2003, 04:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

I would advise you though Malchi, that although entering the chatroom may be difficult for you, leaving it once you're in is nigh on fooking impossible.

A rather nasty arm injury earlier this year curtailed my visit's to the chatroom but once it had healed I found I had actually been completing the huge amounts of filework I was expected to produce every week.

I am now left wrestling with my conscience over whether or not I should finish my units before I return to the clutches of the chat dungeon, or waste hours larking about when there's work to be done. It's a difficult choice isn't it.

All Work And No Play makes karne A Dull Boy.

Richmond Clements

The boy DiGriz is talking sense.
I'm in the same boat as him, my wife can get depressed (though due to health problems). It ain't no fun.
But right now your doing the best thing you can by talking about it.
It might be a long and hard road, but you'll get there.
Keep smiling, even when you don't feel like doing it, and pretty soon you will.

judgejampot

Cheer up chicken!
I come from a family with a fairly strong depressive streak, it's pretty hellish when you're in a state of mind where you feel you can't really function at a very basic level.

Personally, I find it immensely theraputic to come on this board, and in the chat room, and spout total bollocks ;)

Slippery PD

No problem I find this place therapeutic myself.  

As for the chat room, Boo or Nat are normally in there if ypou want some female protection (after 10pm -ish).  The chat is rarely about 2000ad, well it flits in and out, covers a the huge world of science fiction, comics and the world at large in general

Yer Slippo

DavidXBrunt

Malchi - I can honestly say that I may have been depressed when I entered the chat-room but I've always felt a bit better when I leave.

I think I speak for all of us 'regulars' in the chat-room when I say that if you do decide to join us we'd all be pleased to see you. We'll try not to be too freaky and if you want to lurk then you're welcome to. But please believe me when I say you have nothing to get embarassed about posting - we won't judge you either.

I think any of us would say that we all enjoy chatting (or else why would we do it?) The more the merrier.

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah & sometimes when we're not fighting theres group hugs too !

modern life really is tough tho innit ?! we weren't evolved to deal with all the stuff we have to. the stress levels were all under are ridicoulous, our hormones are all messed up, relationships are messed up, the food we eat is killing us, we should all be dead & toothless by my age..

blimey, how come i'm still here ! cool.

Malchidiel

Thanks for being so supportive everyone. My therapy right now is Art, I'm currently working on a Dredd piccy, once it's finished I'll probably send it to Wake.

As for the chat room, no-one needs to worry about being crude or swearing or anything really, as those that know me describe me as a foul-mouthed, sarcastic, filthy-minded bitch (and they're the ones who like me).

Joolz

judgejampot

"those that know me describe me as a foul-mouthed, sarcastic, filthy-minded bitch"

Malchi, that makes you our kind of girl;)
Gabba gabba we accept you, one of us!

Queen Firey-Bou

yeahhh !

cept'n don't listen to him, hes about as monastic as my vegetable patch, the super QUEEN says welcome !!!

Tiplodocus

If you need a few laughs, this does depend slightly on what your sense of humour is but...

May I recommend THE ONION: OUR DUMB CENTURY (about a fiver from FOPP and a tenner from most other bookshops). Without doubt the most outrageously good laugh out loud book I have ever read.  I can't read the Moon Landing section through because I just laugh so much.  One of the quotes on the back referes to it as "the funniest book since... well... ever!"

The Onion.com is normally good for a giggle as well.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

judgejampot

heh-heh. I like the headline about the Titanic: "World's largest metaphor hit by iceberg"

Malchidiel

Talk about kicking a girl while she's down. I went to a St. Paddy's party last night and guess what, there was no f*cking Guinness, no sorry tell a lie, there was one f*cking can to share. And the food was over-cooked and dried out.

Woe is most definitely me.

Oh, and sorry to hear that you're dead Troutmask.

Joolz

judgejampot

hmm. the words "piss-up" and "brewery" spring to mind.