Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection  (Read 493518 times)

Tomwe

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Reply #3420 on: 30 August, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
Just a quick follow-up to my post from yesterday. The reason I don't know what this £43.95 charge on the Hachette site for my Routemaster subscription is for is that it's usually £35.96 (four £8.99 issues). I don't know what the extra £7.99 is for. It may be for a binder, but I can't be sure as my account shows no despatches since 20th June.

Are any of you 2000 AD subscribers having problems recently with despatch dates not showing up in your online account?

(I apologise for asking about non-2000 AD publications in a 2000 AD forum. But as I said, I'm a former 2000 AD collection subscriber, and since the two subscriptions I'm having problems with are Hachette publications, I thought perhaps some of you 2000 AD subscribers might be having problems too.)

I expect you're on the money with the binder suggestions - I was just about to say that. That's how much they cost for the Warhammer collection. They give you one for free and then three more follow during the collection.

Dandontdare

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: 30 August, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »
My Dante v.5 has now arrived but I seem to have accidentally ordered two - if any non-subbers are having trouble finding one, I'll send you my spare for a tenner including postage.

levers

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: 30 August, 2019, 10:41:07 PM »
Ordered the latest Dante direct from Hachette this morning, as I was paranoid it was going to go immediately out of print. Unavailable from Forbidden Planet and only 5 copies left in stock from Hachette last night, going down to 3 copies when I ordered this morning! It'll probably turn up at Forbidden Planet in town but it might be another month before I get there. By any luck I'll have it within the next month but what with Hachette's delivery service going off the boil, who knows?

Rara Avis

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: 31 August, 2019, 01:16:38 PM »
Finally got the issues I was missing, contacted them about the issues I haven't received (45-48) and they said they'd send them. Got 41-44 and 1 instead. What the heck is going on?

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: 31 August, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
Ordered the latest Dante direct from Hachette this morning, as I was paranoid it was going to go immediately out of print. Unavailable from Forbidden Planet and only 5 copies left in stock from Hachette last night, going down to 3 copies when I ordered this morning! It'll probably turn up at Forbidden Planet in town but it might be another month before I get there. By any luck I'll have it within the next month but what with Hachette's delivery service going off the boil, who knows?

Yeah I got twitchy as I've ordered it via my comic shop but its not due to arrive via Diamond until next week. Figure Forbidden Planet will be the same?

Cherry picking is much risker with the Ultimate collection than it would have been with the Dredd one which was always in stock for weeks after release.

Jade Falcon

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: 01 September, 2019, 12:02:56 AM »
My Dante v.5 has now arrived but I seem to have accidentally ordered two - if any non-subbers are having trouble finding one, I'll send you my spare for a tenner including postage.

I'll have to phone my local WH Smiths and see if mine came in yet, so I might need it, I'll say tomorrow.

Dandontdare

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: 01 September, 2019, 01:02:13 PM »
Sorry mate, had a couple of requests already

Arkady

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: 01 September, 2019, 05:27:26 PM »
As much as I love the Deadworld stuff, wouldn't Dominion have made a better match for Dark Justice? Is it a page count thing?

sintec

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: 02 September, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
As much as I love the Deadworld stuff, wouldn't Dominion have made a better match for Dark Justice? Is it a page count thing?

Page count for both parts of Dominion would be slightly larger than the Deadworld content - although not too much for 1 volume.

I'm hoping it's because they've got a follow up volume planned for the, as yet unannounced, extension with both parts of Dominion and the rest of Fall Of Deadworld in it. Although that might be pushing the page count a bit. And of course there may not be any extension so...

Arkady

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: 02 September, 2019, 03:27:09 PM »

Page count for both parts of Dominion would be slightly larger than the Deadworld content - although not too much for 1 volume.

I'm hoping it's because they've got a follow up volume planned for the, as yet unannounced, extension with both parts of Dominion and the rest of Fall Of Deadworld in it. Although that might be pushing the page count a bit. And of course there may not be any extension so...

I do think that's a bit odd then.

athorist

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
  • Started Prog 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: 03 September, 2019, 12:32:01 AM »

I do think that's a bit odd then.
I think it might be that they decided what was in all the issues around the time of issue 1, or at least shortly afterwards. The Torture Garden only finished in June, and without that it’s probably too short (Dominion’s only about 50-60 pages).

It is kind of a shame that they didn’t wait and give Fall Of Deadworld it’s own single volume, but I’d only read it from the Prog 2011 story, so everything before that in the book was new to me.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

karlos

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: 03 September, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
There's a few copies of Dante Vol. 5 on eBay right now...

NapalmKev

• Posting Machine
  • No Beans Man! Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: 06 September, 2019, 10:13:07 AM »
When the collection ends I will be getting rid of my Nikolai Dante books (as a set) if anyone is interested in them. They will be sold for cost price if collected or plus postage if otherwise.

Cheers
"Countless opinions... A hotbed of Riches!"

Jade Falcon

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: 07 September, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
I might consider doing that with Slaine. It would be a slight shame to have an uneven collection but honestly I don't think I'd read them again.

Mattofthespurs

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: 07 September, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
Heresy!

Even if I were never to read them again it would spoil the tapestry of the spine art!

(Each to their own though  :))