Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulbyrnewex

From experience its common to get "the collection is finished in two issues" then in the last issue it's the "it's been extended leaflet" but Star Trek was supposed to get another 20 but sales declined so it was ended.

So who knows?

Le Fink

Contents of Anderson NWO:

The intro says it contains 'the final multi-part Anderson strips' by Alan Grant, Dragon Blood and NWO. There's also Jordan Ramzy's Kitchen Nightmare.

Other stories - Undertow, Martyrs, Spa Day and The Dead Run.

My copy is missing the usual endsheets but only at the front of the book, and it's made a right mess of the opening page:

:(

Anyone else seeing this?

IndigoPrime

Get it replaced.

As for when the collection ends, who knows? These things are fluid. If sales are up and all parties are keen, maybe it will continue. If not, or other factors are at play, perhaps it won't. The fact we now have at least a 180-volume HC 2000 AD series – which collects even quite obscure fare like The Red Seas and Armoured Gideon – in addition to the 90-volume Dreddworld one is bonkers.

Shakira? Shakara!

Just realised, to my horror, I've never received the Harry On The High Rock volume, despite pre-ordering it. I'm used to receiving things late, as I tend to order them through Ace Comics in Colchester so things arrive later through Diamond Distribution rather than newsstand distribution. But Born Bad was in my last parcel which was the volume (or two) after. My online account shows as not allocated, and as it's no longer on the Hachette website, I'm hoping Diamond haven't effed up or been short changed and had to allocate copies to comic stores. Otherwise that one is going to be an expensive Ebay purchase once I know definitively if it's arriving or not.

And thanks for the info regarding the extension / non-extension. As others noted, it may just be someone in the company who's out of the loop and knows nothing about it, and we're still several months away from the 180 finishing up. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm happy with the 180 (or the parts I've cherry picked) if not.

don wiskerando

Quote from: Le Fink on 11 May, 2024, 08:35:24 AMContents of Anderson NWO:

The intro says it contains 'the final multi-part Anderson strips' by Alan Grant, Dragon Blood and NWO. There's also Jordan Ramzy's Kitchen Nightmare.

Other stories - Undertow, Martyrs, Spa Day and The Dead Run.

My copy is missing the usual endsheets but only at the front of the book, and it's made a right mess of the opening page:

Anyone else seeing this?
Nope.  Just got mine delivered and it's intact. Get a replacement.

Le Fink

I've put in for a replacement, thanks. Bizarre how such an issue can occur really.

JohnW

Quote from: Le Fink on 11 May, 2024, 06:26:46 PMBizarre how such an issue can occur really.
Embittered warehouse workers taking out their frustrations on fat complacent customers who can afford to indulge their childish fancies, while they themselves toil for minimum wage as they watch their own dreams shrivel and die.

The torn pages were a warning.
These people hate you and they have your address.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

christy2002b

Quote from: Shakira? Shakara! on 11 May, 2024, 01:01:16 PMJust realised, to my horror, I've never received the Harry On The High Rock volume, despite pre-ordering it. I'm used to receiving things late, as I tend to order them through Ace Comics in Colchester so things arrive later through Diamond Distribution rather than newsstand distribution. But Born Bad was in my last parcel which was the volume (or two) after. My online account shows as not allocated, and as it's no longer on the Hachette website, I'm hoping Diamond haven't effed up or been short changed and had to allocate copies to comic stores. Otherwise that one is going to be an expensive Ebay purchase once I know definitively if it's arriving or not.

And thanks for the info regarding the extension / non-extension. As others noted, it may just be someone in the company who's out of the loop and knows nothing about it, and we're still several months away from the 180 finishing up. Hopefully it will still happen, but I'm happy with the 180 (or the parts I've cherry picked) if not.
DC

I also missed Harry 20 and Summer Magic but Harry 20 turned up this week.

castle4

Quote from: Le Fink on 11 May, 2024, 08:35:24 AMMy copy is missing the usual endsheets but only at the front of the book, and it's made a right mess of the opening page:

Anyone else seeing this?

I wasn't going to open my copy yet, but one glance at your photo made me reconsider. Glad to confirm mine is fine, with intact endsheets.

castle4

If we are done at 180, then presumably 148 is the Order, leaving one volume to guess (146).

I hope it's Strontium Dog the Star Lord years, plus any remaining straggler stories not yet collected.

Of course, there may be another 21 volumes to guess...

When are we likely to find out? When I first joined this forum a year or so ago, I started at page 1 and read all of the posts, and no, I don't recommend it! But I seem to recall messages at the time each of the expected final volumes came out, the first indication was often within Diamond Distributions solicitations for the following months showing the continuation, before anything was released by Hatchette.

Neil C

National Title File confirms the extension to 200.

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 11 May, 2024, 06:44:34 PMThe torn pages were a warning.
These people hate you and they have your address.

Bit dark, JW

But noted

JohnW

Quote from: Le Fink on 12 May, 2024, 11:10:32 AMBit dark, JW

Apologies – I got carried away. I forgot that you were ill and delicate and thus less likely to appreciate misplaced frivolity.
It is highly unlikely that Hachette warehouse staff are even now surrounding your house with crudely fashioned weapons in their hands.
Highly unlikely.
Rest easy and get well soon.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 12 May, 2024, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: Le Fink on 12 May, 2024, 11:10:32 AMBit dark, JW

Apologies – I got carried away. I forgot that you were ill and delicate and thus less likely to appreciate misplaced frivolity.
It is highly unlikely that Hachette warehouse staff are even now surrounding your house with crudely fashioned weapons in their hands.
Highly unlikely.
Rest easy and get well soon.

:D

This made me laugh, which was much needed, thank you!

Jade Falcon

Picked up an accumulated order from Smiths.  Armoured Gideon, Lawless, Scarlet Traces 2 and Anderson:NWO.

My thoughts....

I really didn't particularly enjoy Armoured Gideon to be honest, it just wasnt my sort of story.  Lawless I loved, the artwork is beautiful and the story compelling.  I so want to punch McClure the SJS Judge who seems to be an asshole even by SJS standards.  Anderson.  Well I enjoyed the first half of the book, the Karyn stories seemed written a bit chaotically though I did like the Hotdog run story as well.  Scarlet Traces is a little chaotic in places but I like it.  I loved the callouts to Space:1999 both in the ship design and the blond pilot called Carter.  The Venus lander being part Ultra Probe and Planet of the Apes ship was a lovely design choice as well.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov