Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how to do a prog slog  (Read 35465 times)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
Re: how to do a prog slog
« Reply #435 on: 22 February, 2020, 12:41:48 pm »

sheridan

• View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #436 on: 23 February, 2020, 11:51:11 am »
2000AD Prog 208: "The destroyer's taken over Earth… only I can save it!"

You wait four years for a Redondo cover, then a couple come along.

Which Heller model will Johnny buy next?

sheridan

• View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #437 on: 23 February, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »
2000AD Prog 206: Un-American Graffiti – Judge Dredd mounts a clean-up campaign… inside!

New prog, new characters - and this one has parents who head eggs into buckets and clean dishes.  Then dirty the dishes.  Then clean the dishes...

The prog where Deputy Chief Judge Pepper grows his leg back!

The blog posts tend to get published a few days after I read the prog and write the posts - the answer to Pepper's mysterious regrowing leg was published in Prog 211 - my post for this coming Thursday...

SpaceSpinner2000

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Space Spinner 2000
« Reply #438 on: Today at 07:51:49 am »
I love this period in the prog! "The Steady State" I call it, it's Dredd, Mean Arena, Meltdown Man, Return to Armageddon, and Portrait of a mutant for like 4 months, crazy! Once they finish we start up-shifting for the full golden age, with the premiers of Rogue Trooper and Ace Trucking. Exciting times!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

• View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #439 on: Today at 12:02:42 pm »
I love this period in the prog! "The Steady State" I call it, it's Dredd, Mean Arena, Meltdown Man, Return to Armageddon, and Portrait of a mutant for like 4 months, crazy! Once they finish we start up-shifting for the full golden age, with the premiers of Rogue Trooper and Ace Trucking. Exciting times!

Definitely in a better place than it was a year or two earlier.  Despite my moaning about it, I do like Mean Arena - and while I remember the later episodes will let it down, the mid-series bits coming up with Steve Dillon should improve it!

Obviously I'm most excited by the upcoming Nemesis the Warlock book I.

Speaking of premiers of Nemesis...

2000AD Sci-Fi Special 1981 2000AD Reviewed! Tharg Photo-Stripped! Nemesis Revealed!

...where we get to see the warlock for the first time!  For the first time (because he'll also get a reveal scene in the progs).