Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Help me Hine-mind, can anyone out there get me a pic of Miles Rathbone - he is a character in 'apparently' the last episode of MACH-01.

I've not got those strips anymore - my EE was loaned out long ago and never returned.

Ta

Funt Solo

If you mean The Final Encounter from prog 64, I didn't see that name come up.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Oh, wait - I found him in en earlier episode!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

He was in the final episode, but wasn't specifically named there. These are all from the first episode in prog 61:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

Bolt-01

Superb work that Squaxx!

Much appreciated.

JayzusB.Christ

A question about a different type of comic here - does anyone remember a strip from one of the 80s British kids' comics (not the Beano or the Dandy) about a kid whose mother refused to accept the fact that he wasn't a baby any more?  In an unintentionally sinister portrayal of delusional psychosis, she would dress him up as a baby and wheel him round in a pram, even though he was probably about 10.

It just sprang to mind as I thought of an old schoolmate who was known as 'Lambkins', after what that kid's mother called him.  (The guy in my class had a sheeplike head of hair at the time - bald now but still goes by that name, or occasionally 'the Lamb of God'.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Rings a distant bell - I'm remembering, I think, Krazy comic, which always had a cunning disguise on the back cover.

Don't know if that was it, though, I may just have the nostalgiavirus.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

"Mummy's Boy" in Buster, although I believe it started in Monster Fun, (in which every other story related to some kind of actual 'monster'), so maybe the sinisterness was intentional.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Seems like it could just as easily be Viz - just add some swearing.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 January, 2021, 11:50:33 PM

Glad I'm not the only one whose mind went to Viz.  I'm now thinking of the Little Britain sketch - "bitty"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 January, 2021, 11:50:33 PM

And a Geordie accent. I still love Viz with a passion.

Andrew_J

Quote from: M.I.K. on 16 January, 2021, 10:29:06 PM
"Mummy's Boy" in Buster, although I believe it started in Monster Fun, (in which every other story related to some kind of actual 'monster'), so maybe the sinisterness was intentional.

Well done MIK. I was wracking my brains on this one over the weekend.

Funt Solo

Futurefocus is a series of six posters on the back of progs 26-31, which are available to view in Barney.

Can anyone identify the artist?

Example:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++