Main Menu

New Dr Who Trailer

Started by Tjm86, 20 September, 2018, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Walsh killed it in Law and Order: UK, a constant in a middling series. Dude will be alright.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 27 September, 2018, 10:57:06 PM
They're trying nearly every trick in the book now to try and get all the pissed off fans back on board.   Increasing the budget, going back to the original type music and bringing in a well known game show host that has a female following to boost the ratings.

Not sure changing camera lenses to anamorphic is that much of a budget increase. If they did have a significant budget increase (doubt they did) it would be to attract a larger global audience, not to suck-off older males.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 September, 2018, 11:21:20 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 27 September, 2018, 10:57:06 PM
They're trying nearly every trick in the book now to try and get all the pissed off fans back on board.   Increasing the budget, going back to the original type music and bringing in a well known game show host that has a female following to boost the ratings.

Not sure changing camera lenses to anamorphic is that much of a budget increase. If they did have a significant budget increase (doubt they did) it would be to attract a larger global audience, not to suck-off older males.

There's an increase in cgi for a start which isn't cheap...............

http://sciencefiction.com/2018/08/30/new-series-doctor-will-feature-cgi-ever/

as for sucking off older males..........Bradley Walsh.......Jodie......know what I mean nudge, nudge. :lol:

Hawkmumbler

TordelBack

I'm still not sure why trying new things to appeal to the audience is a crime for a popular family TV programme. My understanding of the history of art and entertainment is that this is 99% of it.

IndigoPrime

ABCwarBOT: pack it in or the next message you get will be a DM from an admin.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2018, 09:44:27 AM
ABCwarBOT: pack it in or the next message you get will be a DM from an admin.

Ok.   What did I say that's worse than other things that have been said on here before?   It's just a bit of humour.  Have some people lost their sense of humour?   It wasn't me who use that term first.   

TordelBack

Joe introduced it an abstract metaphorical sense,  you used it in reference to two actual human beings.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2018, 10:25:28 AM
Joe introduced it an abstract metaphorical sense,  you used it in reference to two actual human beings.

But other people have made references to other people in all sorts of ways on here?

Greg M.

It's starting to sound like you're playing the victim card. If you want to advance an argument about why you feel changes to the show are potentially a bad idea, you should do so. I have. But any such argument is cheapened if you resort to misogynistic innuendo and reduction of actresses to sex objects. (What was the joke, exactly? Jodie sucks off Bradley? That's funny because...?)

Funt Solo

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 September, 2018, 10:22:25 AM
Ok.   What did I say that's worse than other things that have been said on here before?   It's just a bit of humour.  Have some people lost their sense of humour?   It wasn't me who use that term first.

I hear you, I hear you: Joe making a metaphorical reference to sucking off older males was pretty explicit.  It certainly made me prick up my ears.  It probably isn't the kind of thing you'd choose to mention orally.  I mean, if you were in polite company, you probably wouldn't let that come out of your mouth.

But: reducing the first female Doctor to a provider of oral relief for someone twenty-two years her senior is taking it to a far more obviously careless level.

For practice: read Finbarr Saunders in Viz. Everything's innuendo except for the final frame of the episode.

As a final thought to ponder: one octopus, several octopi; one compass, several compi.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Funt Solo on 30 September, 2018, 09:27:34 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 September, 2018, 10:22:25 AM

I hear you, I hear you: Joe making a metaphorical reference to sucking off older males was pretty explicit.  It certainly made me prick up my ears.  It probably isn't the kind of thing you'd choose to mention orally.  I mean, if you were in polite company, you probably wouldn't let that come out of your mouth.

But: reducing the first female Doctor to a provider of oral relief for someone twenty-two years her senior is taking it to a far more obviously careless level.

For practice: read Finbarr Saunders in Viz. Everything's innuendo except for the final frame of the episode.

As a final thought to ponder: one octopus, several octopi; one compass, several compi.

But you could argue it's sexist against older males too.   We'll leave talk about Jodie but there's nothing at all wrong with a younger woman going with an older man as long as she's not being forced or anything else dodgy.   

Jim_Campbell

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST STOP TALKING.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

Yes. Bad form. Do not try and defend that sort of "humour".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

And as Tordels  says, your complaint is basically "How dare they try and make Doctor Who look more entertaining?"

Do you realise how stupid that sounds?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!