Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi! New reader after reading comics for last 12 years  (Read 198 times)

titchard

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
Hi! New reader after reading comics for last 12 years
« on: 06 December, 2018, 02:08:59 pm »
Hi!

Early thirties and have been into comics since University - always aware of 2000AD but never really delved into it.  After getting the Judge Dredd 01 collected edition I have been working my way through and started subscription to 2000AD!  Think I have a lot of catching up to do!

The Mega City Book Club was also a massively helpful thing getting me to take a bigger interest in 2000AD.

wedgeski

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! New reader after reading comics for last 12 years
« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2018, 02:37:04 pm »
Welcome! Both Prog and Meg are on a high at the moment, you chose a great time to hop aboard. :)

broodblik

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2018, 03:01:30 pm »
Welcome aboard  :D

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 06 December, 2018, 06:38:47 pm »
Have fun catching up and welcome to the wonderful world of thrillpower!!!!  :)  :thumbsup:

Eamonn Clarke

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Mega City Book Club
« Reply #4 on: 06 December, 2018, 07:02:22 pm »
The Mega City Book Club was also a massively helpful thing getting me to take a bigger interest in 2000AD.
Cheers and welcome aboard. Glad to hear the book club is doing what it should do.  :)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #5 on: 06 December, 2018, 08:49:01 pm »
Early thirties and have been into comics since University - always aware of 2000AD but never really delved into it.  After getting the Judge Dredd 01 collected edition I have been working my way through and started subscription to 2000AD!  Think I have a lot of catching up to do!

Welcome aboard!  How far through the Case Files have you made it so far? (am assuming you started with Judge Dredd Case Files 01, and not Judge Dredd the Mega Collection 01?)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:04:03 pm »
Welcome aboard you got a whole load of wonderful catching up to do. Have fun and enjoy.

titchard

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 December, 2018, 09:43:06 am »

Welcome aboard!  How far through the Case Files have you made it so far? (am assuming you started with Judge Dredd Case Files 01, and not Judge Dredd the Mega Collection 01?)

I am currently on the first volume of the red covered collected case files, Just finished the storyline of Rise of Hi I'm Kenneth!

titchard

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 December, 2018, 09:44:29 am »
Cheers and welcome aboard. Glad to hear the book club is doing what it should do.  :)

You run a fantastic podcast - the last few you've reviewed have had the titles passed to family members for possible Christmas Gifts!

Eamonn Clarke

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Mega City Book Club
« Reply #9 on: 07 December, 2018, 10:29:03 am »

You run a fantastic podcast - the last few you've reviewed have had the titles passed to family members for possible Christmas Gifts!

:P :P :P