Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2019

Started by Hawkmumbler, 17 December, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

It'll be my first Grendel so I might resort to Wikipedia for some background after I've read it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 November, 2019, 10:09:06 AM
It'll be my first Grendel so I might resort to Wikipedia for some background after I've read it.

The other option is just to read all the rest of it as its all bloomin' superb.

matty_ae

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 November, 2019, 10:05:55 PM
And Tom Foster kindly customised my Chromebook.

Led to this exchange on Sunday
Tom Foster: This one guy has got me drawing on his laptop
Me: That's cool. Like a Digital commission?
Tom: No. On this laptop (shows me said laptop with immaculate sketch being inked on it)

I was genuinely a bit lost for words...

Steve Green

Thought* I'd try get stuff without guns and capes on the cover. And Tom Foster kindly customised my Chromebook. And he seems like a lovely fella too.

* Thought. Do you see what I did there?

Thanks Flip-R for posting.

Ah, I saw that - I didn't know it was you!

Maybe we need some nametags.

MacabreMagpie

New location worked out well, didn't it? Felt busier and, as Steve said, didn't really feel like there were the ebbs and flows of previous years.

I think one benefit of my not travelling back until Monday morning is that my post-con blues were confined to the small amount of time I was still in Harrogate afterwards. Been fine since I got back!

Steve Green

Yeah, I don't know how it went for panels etc.

With the PA announcements being hard to hear, and new locations I wondered if that might have had a bearing on the footfall.

Or fewer people were actually going outside and just staying inside the convention centre. I certainly didn't nip out as much as I did at the RA.

I didn't see any entrance/exits other than the main one, so I guess you would get traffic even if it was a bunch of people just on their way out.

I think it could have done with a few quieter spaces, there may have been some but they didn't jump out.

It felt solid, but not sure if it had lost some of the variety that previous TBs had.

Mardroid

Quote from: matty_ae on 14 November, 2019, 03:34:54 PM
And Tom Foster kindly customised my Chromebook.

Led to this exchange on Sunday
Tom Foster: This one guy has got me drawing on his laptop
Me: That's cool. Like a Digital commission?
Tom: No. On this laptop (shows me said laptop with immaculate sketch being inked on it)

I was genuinely a bit lost for words...

Heh. That reminds me of that silly penguin sketch from Month Python.