Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The awfulness of youtube  (Read 965 times)

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
Re: The awfulness of youtube
« Reply #15 on: 01 March, 2019, 06:36:56 pm »

Fair enough.

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #16 on: 01 March, 2019, 09:29:27 pm »
STEVE GREEN ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHES ANARCHIST SJW COMICS NERD INTO SILENCE

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 March, 2019, 09:39:46 pm »
PROFESSOR BEAR GOES NEXT LEVEL ON MSG BOARD NERDTARDS
fate amenable to change

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: 02 March, 2019, 10:39:20 am »
Have I slipt into a mirror universe? Let me check out some YT videos on the subject aaaand it's just anti-jewish conspiracy theories.

MacabreMagpie

• 2000AD Creator
  • Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 March, 2019, 10:41:29 am »
My nephew (12 at the time) managed to become a moderately successful 'YouTuber' a few years back. One of his clickbait gaming vids went viral and he'd gotten over 100k subs before his account was terminated for shitty practises (clickbait, fake giveaways etc).

The problem is that being a YouTuber is now the thing that a lot of kids his age aspire to and, being at that age where you experiment with your creativity by copying, many of the "YT celebs" they all follow pass on their shitty clickbait habits so they don't have any concept of why it's a problem. He views it as like playing a game, whereby getting as many views/subs is the only goal.
« Last Edit: 30 March, 2019, 10:43:04 am by MacabreMagpie »

IAMTHESYSTEM

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 March, 2019, 11:18:55 am »
I listen to a lot of those old Science Fiction Radio shows like X-Minus One, the Escape series and the CBS Mystery hour on YT. Some excellent stories are to be found there like 'No Contact', Issac Asimov's 'Nightfall' and 'The Abominable Snowman' with actor Wiliam Conrad no less. There are of course dark things to be found on so open a public forum. Youtube is awash with chilling vids that claim the only way to save Western civilisation is to abandon Democracy in favour of an Authoritarian state like Russia's, conspiracy nuts who believe everything is a conspiracy against them and various scurrilous toadies promoting dodgy cults. For all its faults if you stick to your interests, YT has a lot to offer, though its grim parts are bleak indeed. They used to show the uncensored versions of various atrocities with soldiers happily posing with the blown apart bodies of civilians or shooting them down without mercy. They seem to promote a more censored version now with the gory bits blurred over.
“You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.”

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

auxlen

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 May, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »
I hate hyperbole...' DESTROYS' effectively means 'eloquently rebuts differing opinion' but I guess nobody clicks on that...

radiator

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 May, 2019, 06:52:18 pm »
Youtube video thumbnails are absolutely hilarious. It beats the hell out of me why someone would be more likely to click on, say, a review of a digital camera if the thumbnail is of a guy holding up said camera and gurning in a comically over the top way, but here we are.

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
« Reply #23 on: 16 May, 2019, 12:06:52 pm »
Am I the only one who's suggestions have been flooded with those computer generated asset animations and Indonesian toy unboxings?

I had heard these absolute blights on the creative platforms had been doing the rounds for a few years now but suddenly i'm getting them suggested up the posterior....