2000 AD > Website and Forum

How to make a healthy vibrant forum?

(1/20) > >>

Colin YNWA:
So a conversation on one of them there Faciebook groups has go me pondering about the future of the forum. It was basically asking is there any point in this Forum anymore from a once pretty regular poster. Things have been slowing down around here for quite sometime and a quick look at the usage stats

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?action=stats

shows the cold hard evidence of that. This year looks to be the slowest to date. Official comments are thin on the ground, to none existant and frankly as other channels of communication become more and more prominant who can blame them. I have no way knowing what plans, if any Rebellion have for maintaining this site but there may be something we can do?

Amongst all the usual claims that this is a horrible place on this Facebook chat, claims I just don't see, a few scraps aside I've always found this the most lovely oasis on the Internet, there were some very good points. Firstly is the format of forums just old hat and such places will naturally wither on the vine and slowly die off? Should I just accept our fate and enjoy what we time we have left together?

BUT as also pointed out the format of a forum is by and far the most useful, practical and well organised way of keeping the discussion we have together, certainly a LOT better to use than Facebook for such things - even Search has got better. I have to be honest I use this place as almost a journal of my comic nerding and such - in a way that other platforms just won't replace - as my friends in the 'real' world just aren't comic-positive.

SO TO A POINT AT LASSSSTTTTT

What can we do to get this place buzzing again. How do we make this forum I adore so much, that has given me so much pleasure of the last 11 years - longer for others - a place that Rebellion can't ignore. That becomes the defacto place of choice for 2000ad fandom as it once was...

... or do we simply hold its hand and sing it a soft tear filled lullaby as we watch it drift away into the next life?

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 August, 2019, 07:41:27 AM ---...Firstly is the format of forums just old hat and such places will naturally wither on the vine and slowly die off? Should I just accept our fate and enjoy what we time we have left together?

BUT as also pointed out the format of a forum is by and far the most useful, practical and well organised way of keeping the discussion we have together, certainly a LOT better to use than Facebook for such things - even Search has got better.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't agree that it could be de facto replaced. How could you have stuff like Funt's '2000AD in Stages' thread work the same way in FB?

I also think the killing of the art comps was a bit of a nail in the coffin, even if they had already been growing a bit quiet. They created such a buzz, such a sense of community that's never quite been recovered.

Buttonman:
Male to female ratio 7.6:1? Hello Ladies! Unless they are counting Tom in his dress!

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Buttonman on 22 August, 2019, 08:39:36 AM ---Male to female ratio 7.6:1? Hello Ladies! Unless they are counting Tom in his dress!

--- End quote ---

I think we should always count Tom in his dress!

Bolt-01:
On a personal note, as I don't do FB if this place goes I'll have no-one to talk with about 2000 AD or even many other things unless I'm at a gig.

Yes, it is a 'lot' quieter than it was but I still find it to be the only place on the internet I can go for a bit of 'mainly' intelligent discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version