Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 500 Days of Slimmer - and Some Other Crap Too...  (Read 3123 times)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • CONSUME!
    • View Profile
Re: 500 Days of Slimmer - and Some Other Crap Too...
« Reply #45 on: 01 June, 2020, 02:16:12 AM »
Congratulations on your academic success, sir!  :)
++ logos ++ stages ++ coma ++

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #46 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »
I accept this is very self indulgent and you are of course more than welcome to ignore this thread. It would be fun though if anyone fancied joining me in this journey of self improvement and posted their progress also.

Lose Weight : The NHS tells me this:
Quote from: NHS
Healthy weight range for your height: 10st 4lb - 13st 13lbYour health would really benefit from gradually losing just 5% of your current weight. The best way to lose weight is through a combination of diet and exercise.  Aim to lose 11lbsRecommended daily calorie intake: 2051 - 2637 kcal.  To lose 1-2lbs a week stick to the lower end of the range.
I appear not to have noted my starting weight, which doesn't help.

Update Blogs regularly : as luck would have it, I also have a blog that I need to keep updating regularly.prog slog hack and prog slog hack forum thread
Yep, been doing that and keeping to a daily schedule.

Get a Letter Printed - I've not had anything published yet (I think I've sent in a total of about 10 letters and/or emails over the past 35 years) so if I send a letter a week perhaps the constant drip, drip, drip will force Tharg to print one just to shut me up?
No letters written, no letters published.

My original one: Draw or write something at least once a week :
Not done brilliantly on this one, barely created anything if the back prog hack is excluded (which it is as it's its own target).

I've come up with a fifth one Read all the unread comics and graphic novels I've got lying around.
Really should get started on that one - no progress since Overture.  Had been reading new comics and old progs, but nothing in between.
« Last Edit: 01 June, 2020, 05:36:30 PM by sheridan »

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »
Cheers Funt!

A familiar tale Sheridan. I'm conscious that this lockdown could be looked back on as a missed opportunity by many and that's why I was keen to try something to focus my ambitions and be accountable to them.

I'm glad to have finished my exams a year ahead of schedule and I'll always look back on the qualification as one good thing that came out of the pandemic.

I keep trying to refocus so that I don't come out of the pandemic as a fat(ter) alcoholic with a bad haircut!

Good luck with your endeavours!

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:46:38 PM »
Wow getting past those exams a year ahead of schedule is going some - well done.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #49 on: 01 June, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »
Cheers Funt!

A familiar tale Sheridan. I'm conscious that this lockdown could be looked back on as a missed opportunity by many and that's why I was keen to try something to focus my ambitions and be accountable to them.

I'm glad to have finished my exams a year ahead of schedule and I'll always look back on the qualification as one good thing that came out of the pandemic.

I keep trying to refocus so that I don't come out of the pandemic as a fat(ter) alcoholic with a bad haircut!

Good luck with your endeavours!

Thanks - I've got 'unofficial' targets of sorting my way through a lifetime's collection of collections (I'm sure many reading this know what I mean) and I've managed to spend some of the time doing that.  This means I've unearthed pieces of artwork I've not seen for years, though also even more as-yes-unread things :-)

As others have said - seriously impressed by completing exams a year early!

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01 July, 2020, 12:02:46 AM »
Another month flies by - hope all are well as we start to emerge from the shadows - stay where you are Leicester people!

Thanks for the kind words about me passing my exams - would have posted earlier but I'm conscious of bumping such a vanity thread!

This has been a quick month with success on some fronts. Others, not so much.

Lose Weight : Not doing well with the gym shut down. Curbed the wine until the weekends only but the Friday night takeaway is a killer + a peshwari nan. This will be the last week of gluttony as we are getting a kitchen fitted and takeaways are all we have! In mitigation I've not had chocolate or Haribo in months and I have lost the urge for snacking.

Update Blogs regularly : Did my usual 'focus too much on one thing' thing again with a total of 44 films watches and critiqued. 45 if you count the Will Ferrell Eurovision one that doesn't fit my criteria. The Definite Article blog saw the most with a whopping 25 entries. Best of the month was The Duellists which was Ridley Scott's first feature. The 'W' Blog saw 19 entries with the pick of the litter being Wind River which was cold and brutal. Lovely!

Update the Lettersentertainyou thread for each letters publication event : No Nerve Centre or Dreddlines letters this month. For shame. Again!

Average 12,500 steps a day : Probably averaging about 6000 - spending too long inside watching movies that start with a 'W'.

Get 105 Letters Printed : - Sending fewer as all are going in the bin. C'mon Tharg unquarantine that inbox!

Pass ACII : Still awaiting the certificate but did get notified that I'd been awarded the CII Certificate for 'Excellence in Claims Practice'. Another certificate awaited along with £250. Actually I was jointly awarded it, but we won't talk about that.

Get on TV Again : All games shows are now reruns and no one is recruiting!

Bag 50 Munros in total : Parked until the Summer!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 July, 2020, 10:54:43 AM »
Me and the long suffering Mrs Tips walk to and from work each day even though we are both working from home. It's just twenty minutes round the village but has helped keep our step count up.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!