Main Menu

My Life the Future Shock

Started by Generally Contrary, 08 April, 2003, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

Or perhaps more accurately, my death.

I'm off to Hong Kong this weekend (expect updates from Necropolis) but I have this sneaking suspicion that, before I board the plane home I will be assasinated by a time traveller (fresh from strangling Hitler at birth).  Okay, okay, I understand it would prevent the spread of the plague that will wipe out all mankind, but this kind of time paradox defying justice is a bit harsh, don't you think?

I'm not sure what the twist is yet, but I can promise that it will end, 'Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'.

Smiley

Art

Smiley

Oh, alright then, just for you.
http://members.aol.com:/roguesmiley/exc.jpg">

Trout

"not sure what the twist is yet"

That'd get you eaten alive at Pitchfest.
:-)

- Trout

Generally Contrary

Of course, it could be that after I have dodged the plague weakened visitor from the future, losing him the scotch aisles of the duty free shop, I am detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure as a health risk.

Although, in this Grant Morrison-esque nightmare world I am conjuring, Her Pleasure has a lot to do with Black Rod.

'Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!'

Jared Katooie

Wow. Sure puts my mental problems in perspective...

Queen Firey-Bou

erm... i say.. all the best on yur trip there aj. come back in onec piece to tell us all about it.. tho of course you might have to leave a phone message in the past to order the taxi, haz-chem suit & poke of chips for the way home.

Queen Firey-Bou

Anyway my lifes far more shocking. A&E monday night injured juve, Tuesday night violent pschopathic drugg crazed youth smashes things up around my place, including a car, much traumatised teens & fighting to restrain him, damage, no sleep; wednesday?, why police statements all day...what fun.
brilliant wonder what tomorrow will bring...

bags of sympathy anyone?
fraught Bou.

petemaskreplica

Big bags of sympathy for you, Bou, that's some real shitty stuff there :(

Queen Firey-Bou

Trout

Bloody hell, Bou!*

And there was me wanting to move to the countryside.

Hope you're okay, and the kids too.
(Ask the police to ask the court to award you compensation. He has to pay it back in bits, then eventually you get a lump sum. If he doesn't pay it, he goes to jail.)

- Sympathetic Trout

* Who is not the Queen

Richmond Clements

Bou, you be bloody careful out there!

I saw a cyclist get hit by a car today, it was not very nice.

aj: love the icon!

Generally Contrary

Yes Bou, but where's the twist.  I would think that your life would merit a multi-part epic rather than a throw-away humour 5-pager.

Actually, the above is an expression of my sympathy (and admiration for the people who do a job I proved I didn't have the cojones to do) in a comic book life-translation kind of way.  But is this all life at the sharp end of public service or did some of this trouble come looking for you?

Devons Daddy

your on your way over here??to ASIA
to HONG KONG
(no offence hi-ex, but you know what i mean)
trust me why oh why you want to come at this time i can not understand.

still the plane will be empty as will the shops the buses,tourist spots and if you do have an accident, well lets just say dont go to the hospital eh.
 so whats for the next holiday then?the ebola ridden regions of africa?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!