Main Menu

2000AD SCI-FI SPECIAL 2020

Started by SmallBlueThing(Reborn), 19 June, 2020, 10:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Funt Solo

Angel was reprinted in meg 321's floppy, after the main event of Death Planet.

It's got the barmy conceit that during a jet fighter crash, the plane's computer melts into the pilot (Harry Angel) and they become a cyber-organic entity that makes him a bit like The Bionic Man. Now, Steve Austin's bionic leg allowed him to run at amazing speeds (even though the other leg wasn't bionic, so you'd expect him more to be able to hop at amazing speeds), but Angel's powers are even more mystifying: he can fall from space to earth and land safely because ... his computer thinks he's a plane! Logic, she does not live here.

He was (first?) brought back into the comic during Armoured Gideon series The Collector (progs 889-899), in which he features as one of the ideas that cannot die as long as we remember them (like in American Gods, sort of).

I'm not sure if he cropped up in the meantime, but he springs up again in 2017's 40th Anniversary Special in Al Ewing's Zombo tale - where he introduces himself (in his underpants) as Zombo Prime:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Thanks for sharing Indigo and Funt I have Meg 321 so I will check it out
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.