Main Menu

tooth thrill you wish were never written

Started by The Monarch, 11 April, 2003, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

before this turns into a bison bash a thon i must clear up something when i mean were never written i mean stories which totally damage the original kind of like highlander 2 syndrom

for example chopper earth wind and fire by garth ennis

ukdane

I agree with that one.
Definately the Chopper's alive story.

And Although I liked Final Solution, I wish Johnny A had never been killed off, so I'd like the ending of that to be retold.

Not too fond of Helter Skelter and Judgement Day either. (I hate crossovers, the only one I've ever liked was the current Dredd/Alien one- although for mysake, they didn't have to be Aliens, it could have been another Raptaur alien)

And for the bashers out there....
... Chronos Carnival, because in my opinion it was the worst strip ever to appear in 2000ad (yes, even worse than Bison)
Cheers

-Daney

Generally Contrary

The rebirth of the Harlem Heroes.  

ukdane

I didn't mind the new Harlem Heroes story (they should have been called something else though, to give them their own idenity).
Another one I want to add to my list is...

... any of the Fr1day stories written after the Dave Gibbons one specifically The Golden Fox Rebellion, and the one that Simon Coleby did the artwork for (was it Ice Sahara?)
Cheers

-Daney

Slippery PD

Sinister Dexter Eurocrash.

Loved this story, problem is it marks the end of an era for Downlode and we havent really seen anything like it since.  If it was never written SinDex may have been good?!?!?!

Also mentions to,
Mambo - Soft Bodies  
Judge Dredd - book of the dead
Maniac 5
Millars Robohunter
and Chopper Earth Wind Fire

Oddboy

I liked Earth Wind & Fire, so there! http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/200/tongue.gif">

Millar's Robo-hunter: complete waste of space, but even if that had to happen - lose the Ryan Hughes drawn Robo-hunter - that was just damned awful!

"New" Harlem Heroes sucked, although nice art.

Not conviced about the latest VCs story, depends how the next series goes really.

And yes, all the Fr1day stuff except The War Machine - That should have been a one-off re-imagining & when treated as such is wonderful.
Better set your phaser to stun.

thinky

Maniac 5? this was an excellent story that didn't take itself too seriously. I thought that it was the best story out of that whole Offensive thing...

Chronos Carnival though? rubbish - and that's being nice!

yttim
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Oddboy

Maniac 5 was pretty good, but this was the best thing in the Summer Offensive:-http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/goodco.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

i agree about robo hunter and to think if it wasn't for that bloody "everything must be printed that was paid for" bull this shit would have died after the firsat story

Devons Daddy

millars robo hunter.
not only the story but the art work.
happily it was so lame it was easy to ignore.

the rogue tropper the big hit stuff.we really lost the plot in there come the end.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Monarch

too right and of course the end of that story was relegated to a special heh

speaking of which what was the name of that tyranny rex story involving the weird body stuff i really couldn't figure out what the hell was going on

if it gives people a hint it was the first proper appearence of indigo prime

Tu-plang

I uunderstand the "everything we buy must be used" philosophy but why on earth did the editorial team buy so much crap?  It said in Thrill-Power Overload that they just got everything Fleischer could throw at them.

Queen Firey-Bou

ohh heres my list of drivel...

er
er...?
um..
I appear to have expunged them from my memory banks... somthing about a house & time travel ? that was drivel...

ah the joys of a selective memory.
it just basks me in a rosy glow of good thrills instead.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Devons Daddy

what about that totaly lame end to rogue troper where he left the bio chips with a gene genie and they where re cloned as babies.

PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE what was that all about.rogue even ran off into the distance.
hollywood style at its worst.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!