Main Menu

Rebellion and Rights to Eagle Strips

Started by SmallBlueThing(Reborn), 11 September, 2020, 12:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2024, 08:34:57 AMThanks!

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it, might have been other strips - have a vague memory of someone who later became famous being a bit embarrassed about their photostrip work
Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet?  Appeared in a My Guy photostrip - presumably before being lead singer of the band.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 16 May, 2024, 01:05:00 PM

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it, might have been other strips - have a vague memory of someone who later became famous being a bit embarrassed about their photostrip work
Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet?  Appeared in a My Guy photostrip - presumably before being lead singer of the band.

Now this is a very VERY good fact!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Steve Green

Gold

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 May, 2024, 01:17:21 PM

Now this is a very VERY good fact!

In fact, BBC did a feature on it, including pics (there are links to the other pages at the bottom of each page I'm linking to, but I'll do individual links to get the names in the thread):
Julian Sands

George Michael

Hugh Grant

Sally Whitaker (from Coronation Street, apparently)

Saskia Reeves

Tony Hadley

Tracey Ullman

Alex Kingston (feature says from ER, but I suspect more famous from Doctor Who*).

* though possibly not at the time that feature was written

karlos

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 May, 2024, 11:38:11 PMI never heard anything about actors images being a problem with Doomlord.
Why I didn't do the photo strips at that time was that they were too difficult to reproduce properly. That was nearly 20 years ago(!!) and technology has moved on and would now reproduce reasonably well. I did try a subsequent collection but it didn't happen.
Dan Dare, from what I understand, John and Pat own the rights to the Return of the Mekon story. It is a pity that its not reprinted, it has some of the finest art, and the story's not too shabby either!

Very true - that early Dare stuff is really good