Main Menu

Dredd epics ranked

Started by AlexF, 02 December, 2020, 09:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

You did a sterling job and I just love your analysis of the story. We all have different reasons why we like something. If I setup a to 10 today it will look completely different by the ned of the week. We will ask two people and get 3 different opinion and 10 different explanations.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Truly fantastic series, Alex, up there with Douglas Wolk's Dredd Reckoning, Sheridan's mammoth Back Prog Hack, the Hipster Dad stable and your own Heroes of...   in the all-time great 2000AD blogs . Even where I completely disagree with you your analysis and arguments are sound and always insightful and entertaining. Many thanks!

Although let me be clear about one thing: you are wrong.

(Also, Emerald Isle isn't even a little bit racist)

AlexF

Thanks one and all for your kind words, and allowing me to be wrong in public!
One final posting for the blog, to give the masses their voice...

https://dreddepicsranked.blogspot.com/2020/12/aftermath-part-2-actual-best-judge.html

broodblik

It was a great journey does not matter how you got there
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

Thank you, those were a fascinating read, all well argued and you pointed out some themes and discussion points that had never occurred to me. I did also like the way you had a little joke with us by putting them in the wrong order!