Main Menu

Tharg’s 2020 in Review - Best Special - RESULTS!!!

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 January, 2021, 09:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sorry put this in the wrong place at first - so moved across to the General section - so everythings together!

Its been a bumper year for Specials and they have been a great selection of comics. There's no doubt that as small press and indie comics start to really boom and get attention in the UK market Tharg is catching that wave and putting out a wide range of diverse titles on a different schedule than we are used to. And he's doing it well. There's the list of your favourite from 3rd to 1st so keep scrolling down.

3rd Place with 10 points - Smash!

2nd with 17 points - Action 2020

1st - with 25 points 2000ad Sci-fi Special

Full list later on today.

Colin YNWA

And here's what broodblik said in my wrong thread...

Quote from: broodblik on 06 January, 2021, 06:57:31 AM
All 3 of them where good specials pity about Battle but hopefully we will get more this year.

Colin YNWA

And what I actually came to do was post the full results for you all to mull over. Even if the daddy of the specials took the crown over all it was great to see 9 of the 11 get at least 1 point.

1st 2000AD SCI-FI SPECIAL 2020 = 25 pts

2nd SMASH! 2020 SPECIAL = 17 pts

3rd ACTION 2020 SPECIAL = 10 pts

4th BATTLE 9OF BRITAIN) SPECIAL2020 = 8 pts

5th = on 7 points

MISTY AND SCREAM 2020 SPECIAL
TAMMY AND JINTY 2020 SPECIAL

7th JOHN STEEL THRILLER PICTURE LIBRARY 2020 5 pts

8th = on 1 pt

MISTY WINTER SPECIAL 2020
ROY OF THE ROVERS SUMMER SPECIAL 2020

broodblik

Is Smash second or third since your first post Action is second?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh GRRRUUUUDDD - I must have been tired this morning! I got the results wrong as well (don't worry I did the counting the night before). The Opening post should have been like this...

3rd with 10 points - Action 2020

2nd Place with 17 points - Smash!

1st - with 25 points 2000ad Sci-fi Special

SORRYYYYYYY FOLKS!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 06 January, 2021, 09:53:50 AM
Is Smash second or third since your first post Action is second?

Just keeping you all in your toes. Correction posted already - me being an absolute numbnut this morning!