Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid - QUARTERS - Henry Flint or D’Israeli

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 January, 2021, 06:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

He was also a very generous interviewee, back in the day when I got to chat with people for magazines. I had a lot of fun talking about his process, which at the time was fluid comics art in Illustrator (which pretty much no-one else was doing). I know he's moved on since then, but the notion of someone making 2000 AD strips almost entirely in Illustrator blew my mind.

It's also interesting that some of his other works rocked up in Rebellion publications: Scarlet Traces and Lazarus Churchyard. Wildly different but both are also fab.

BPP

Aaagh.

Probably my 1 & 2 going up against each other in the quarters. This sound be the final. This is all wrong.

It's genius level skill, craft, knowledge, design and risk-taking vs pure madness.

Madness wins.

FLINT.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

Andrew_J

Aargh!
This is my favourite artist vs my no. 1 artist.
[toss coin] FLINT [/toss coin]

rogue69

DrJomster

D'Israeli, championing a very different approach in much of his work and that wins it for me.

Mr Flint does have the best Dredd though!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

shaolin_monkey

Oh no!!!  One of the greatest artists of a War of the Worlds series ever, or one of the greatest modern Dredd artists!!  Aaargh!!

I can't vote based on sheer artistic talent, as its just too close to call, so I'm going to go with D'Israeli simply because I was aware of The War of the Worlds before I was aware of Dredd.  A stupid way to vote, but it's the only way I could call it.

Colin YNWA

Well I did a cheeky precount last night to see hiow this one is going and its close. It was an accurate count as I did it quickly but we could still have a surprise on our hands here - so if you want to affect the result your final votes could do just that, do it today and I'll count up properly in the morning.

Exciting!

Magnetica

Oh wow it's a lot closer than it was; a couple of last minute votes could make all the difference 😉

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 28 January, 2021, 08:23:22 AM
Oh wow it's a lot closer than it was; a couple of last minute votes could make all the difference 😉

Yeah its really closed up. I genuinely excited to see how this one plays out!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

broodblik

My alter ego and I are in agreement we both vote always for the same artists, writers are the problem
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

It'd be interesting also to go into another reality and see how these votes would play out if people weren't keeping count. There does sometimes seem to be a bit of "oh, I didn't realise X was behind, and so I'm giving my vote to Y"!