Main Menu

Bisley does Zenith - all very odd

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 28 February, 2021, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

Im no artist but i could draw a better cover than that.
Behind the dodgy covers are some hidden gems.The Mind of Wolfie Smith in colour although cant remember which title.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 March, 2021, 01:15:16 PM
What's going on with the cover of issue 11 of Spellbinders, which features inside Nemesis book 6 and Fiends of the Eastern Front?

Grindberg's interpretation of the Candida and Nostradamus (almost) smooch?

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 March, 2021, 12:28:51 PM
Keith did the first 12 covers, have to say I like them all!
http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=artist&choice=samk&Comic=usreprints

Crazy that his style is still so instantly recognizable after all these years.

12 is particularly T-shirtworthy. What we have there is a real artist interpreting the material in his own style,  and it's different but good. Elsewhere...

Rogue Judge

Those Tom Grindberg covers are truly awful! But he has become a really great artist, it's well worth looking up his recent Tarzan work.

I actually met him at comic convention a few years ago and asked him to do a sketch of Dredd, his response was "hell no"...understandably, it looks like he didn't even know what he was supposed to be drawing back then. (I did get a great Daredevil sketch from Tom that day, however).

The Corinthian

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 05 March, 2021, 12:43:45 PM
I'm sure this is well-known and I've just missed it, but why was Cursitor Doom renamed "Amadeus Wolf" for the Quality reprints..?

SBT
I have no idea either but IIRC he'd previously been renamed 'Septimus Drood' in some mid-1970s reprints.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 March, 2021, 01:24:49 PM
What's going on with the cover of issue 11 of Spellbinders, which features inside Nemesis book 6 and Fiends of the Eastern Front?

To be fair, he's totally nailed the 70s Country and Western bar costume design that the series was famous for.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 March, 2021, 11:13:30 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 05 March, 2021, 01:24:49 PM

To be fair, he's totally nailed the 70s Country and Western bar costume design that the series was famous for.

Top of the world, ma!

Bad Andy

IndigoPrime

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.