Main Menu

Prog 1337

Started by ukdane, 19 April, 2003, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

no complaint from me this time and i think orlok will pull a kraken...

paulvonscott

Marianne Faithful will be relieved to hear that PeteMask.

Trout

Paul! I'm scandalised! Naughty man.

- Trout

paulvonscott

Sorry, a rare slip from the puritanical path of righteousness.  I have scourged myself.

McNulty

"Oh, and look, they aren't going to incinerate the body and thereby making doubley sure that he is dead. The're going to ship the body back to East Meg!"

Couple of points here. The last time a sov agent was killed by Dredd, the body was sent back to the Sovs. See Pirates of the Black Atlantic progs 197-200.
Secondly, I wouldn't think they would ship it back to East Meg (2?). More likely they would send it to the New Kremlin in the Mediterian Free State. Just me being pedantic...

On to my views of this week's prog:

Dredd: A nice ending of a long running villian. Borne in the Cold War days of the early Eighties, Orlock the Assassin has seen many changes over the years, from evil Soviet agent to tortured soul looking for repentance along with Judge Anderson. But finally, he was an embittered man, bent on revenge against a city that destroyed his own.

Caballistics Inc: Still not my cup of tea I'm afraid...

Interceptor: Hmmm, it didn't jump out and grab me in its first episode, but that in itself is not a bad thing. I'll defer judgement...

ABC Warriors: Still building up the suspense with the upcomming arrival of the Shadow Warriors.
Personally, I don't think I would like a food tap installed in my house. The textures sound a little too disgusting...

Snow/Tiger: Shaping up to be a good story here. Good script, good art. Nice cliffhanger at the end.

"Your men are expendable - ain't nothin' but a liability now. Tell 'em to go down kickin' some ass."

It appears that the Senator for Kentucky is not a man of honour...

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

Proudhuff

Mighty Mighty organ!!!
Snow/Tiger just tooo short,
Pat Mills back on form with throw away lines others would build a whole story round.
Cabals just fine
JD great!

GOOOOO Girls!! (but no for the Yorkies)

Huffster
DDT did a job on me

Mangamax

Couple of problems with the Dredd script this week:
Dredd - "Just what it says on the box". Sorry but i don't buy it - Dredd's a stickler for law and procedure and when being cross-examined in just about the biggest court case ever i figure he'd stick to the facts man.
Orlok - "Attaboy"????? O.k he's been out of Sov cits for a long time but to allow himself to pick up western slang? Hmmm
The perspective on that chairs all wrong