Main Menu

Alan Moore or Guy Adam - Writers Solhiem Cup - Tie 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 June, 2021, 06:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

If you look up Guy on The Barney Rubble, you get this: ââ,¬Â¦For the Future. Abandon hope...

---

Anyway - yeah, that Moore guy (Alan, not Steve - although he was good as well) certainly wrote up some classics for the prog. Guy might not stand much of a chance here, but he could hope against hope.

Moore 4 : 1 Adams

I hope that's not too disappointing. It was a tough draw, and the poodle was great.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

DrJomster

Echoing the above, but with more of a nudge to Guy. Nothing wrong with Guy's work at all. It's strong in fact. It's just that this is another tough draw.

Alan 3 - Guy 2.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Rogue Judge

Moore 4 : Adam 1

Love Moore's Future Shocks...mooreover, Halo Jones is the favorite of many (I've yet to read the colored volumes of Halo, only the old Titan books).

Colin YNWA

Last call here. Votes in today will count, but after that I'll count up and announce the winner in the morning.

As for my vote... well damn this is tough. The decision isn't but I want to award Guy Adam as much as possible. Having just re-read Hope I appreciate how fantastic it is. I'm also a massive fan of Guy's Max Normal series... and on the other side (whisper it) I'm not a massive fan of DR and Quinch anymore... but let's be honest those Future Shock, Halo Jones and personal favourite Skizz... so the best I can do is

Alan Moore 4 : Guy Adam 1

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, Guy, sometimes life's a bitch.

Alan 4, Guy 1
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 July, 2021, 06:46:57 AMI want to award Guy Adam as much as possible.
Yeah, but what about Guy Adams?</snark>

Colin YNWA

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

It probably little surprise the voting here is almost exactly the same as the previous vote between Emma Beeby and John Smith. The size of the margin isn't really a reflection on the work of the writer from Team Current, rather a statement of the love with which these to classic scribes are held amongst Tharg's faithful. In fact the praise for Guy was rich. I really like his work... but come on Alan Moore, what chance did he stand.

Overall Team Classic have almost closed the gap, have roared right back and have all the momentum. Is there anything Team Classic can do to stop this charge... oh... yeah...

Team Current 4 : Team Classic 3

Team Current 354 : Team Classic 310