Main Menu

John Tomlinson or Gordon Rennie - Writers Solhiem Cup - Tie 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 July, 2021, 06:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

5-0 to gordon
at least.

just a brilliant comics writer, whose work is only getting better. the doomy, atmospheric, character-driven, tragic tour de force that is jaegir is worth five points by itself. but there is so much more ...

Dog Deever

I don't dislike Tomlinson's stuff, some of it anyway- Tor Cyan was okay, though I never got on with Armoured Gideon during its run- really disliked the art rather than anything to do with the story as such so it didn't get read.
Rennie has far too many great stories under his belt for Tomlinson to come anywhere near though. I used to like Rennie's Dredd too- Couch Potatoes sticks in mind, it really felt like 'classic' Dredd- I'd love to see more Dredd from him, though I' guessing that's wishful thinking.He's a writer who, for me, would win hands down over almost any other 2kad writer.

Rennie 5 Tomlinson 0
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

This one draws to a close today - seems pretty clear cut so far but then we've seen bigger swings before* so get those last minute votes in and I'll count up in the morning.

As for me like so many I love Armoured Gideon and Glorious Gordon can be a little hit and miss for me. When he is on form, and lets be honest its more than he's not he produces some absolute wonders and so its a pretty straight forward

John Tomlinson 1 : Gordon Rennie 4

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

There was a high degree of consistantly even with how this one was scored in the individual ties, the vasrt majority were clear 4 : 1 votes in favour of GRennie. Much as we do love Armoured Gideon there must be a massive smile on the face and a song in the heart of Gordon as he appreciates the love and affection his work is held in.

Overall its beginning to look ominous for Team Classic after a bright start to the week. Team Current took the week 3:2 and now are closing in on the magic 9 point line which will clinch them the Solhiem Cup

Team Current 7 : Team Classic 3

Team Current 544 : Team Classic 365