Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: A Penitent Man - Paperback, 128 pages, 14th March 2024

Former Judge, Kyle Asher, returns from the penal colony on Titan after serving twenty years. Working as a third-class sludge technician he is determined to prove that he can still serve the city he swore an oath to, Judge Dredd is not so sure of him, and questions whether there is such a thing as a penitent man in a place like Mega-City One. However the SJS, the Judges Internal Affairs division, are determined to run Asher out of town, and Dredd wants to know the reason why.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Hellman of Hammer Force: The Early Adventures: Volume 2 - Paperback, 128 pages, 28th March 2024

There has never before been an anti-hero like Hellman of Hammer Force in British comics!

From the invasion of Poland in 1939 through to the fall of Berlin in 1945, Hellman of Hammer Force saw action on many fronts, and this collection contains all the hard-hitting war stories told through the eyes of Hellman which were published in Battle from 1977 through to 1978.

This ground-breaking series of thrilling combat is written by Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) and drawn by Mike Dorey (Ro-Busters) and Patrick Wright (Day of the Eagle).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Essential Rogue Trooper: Genetic Infantryman: Volume 1 -  Paperback, 160 pages, 28th March 2024

The first of a new series in the Essential line featuring 2000 AD's legendary war machine, Rogue Trooper!

Rogue Trooper is the last of the G.I.s – genetically-engineered infantrymen designed to sustain/withstand the noxious atmosphere of Nu-Earth, a planet ravaged by the conflict between Norts and Southers. A lone survivor of the Quartz Massacre, equipped with the bio-chips of his fallen clone brothers, he crosses the war-torn landscape in search of the Traitor General, the man responsible for their deaths – and will not rest until he has his revenge!

The first volume in the Essential series features stories by creators Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons (Watchmen), with art by Colin Wilson (Judge Dredd) and Cam Kennedy (Star Wars: Dark Empire).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: hellscrape on 12 May, 2023, 05:33:43 AMDid the Joe Pineapples book ever actually come out? Not to stir the pot, but it seems as if there is no interest in reprinting Mills' later works; that could be for valid financial reasons (books don't sell?) or other (valid) reasons.

Rescheduled to 11th April 2024.  Paperback, 96 pages.  Set your sundials, fans - less than a year to go!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Oops! I just realised I should have put all these new ones in a "Forthcoming Thrills - 2024" thread!

Do we have a kindly mod who can split off these last six entries?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Leigh S

192 pages for Search Destroy Vol 3 suggests that we are getting Muties Luck 6 pages/ Doc Quince Case 21 pages/ Bad Boys Bust 21 pages/ Portrait of a Mutant 93 pages / The Gronk Affair 22 pages

Thats 163 pages so Kid Knee sadly doesnt quite fit and will presuambly be split from the 200s run and bumped in with the 335 return era

Does leave room for Assault on Trigol 3 / Night of the Blood freaks / Kurtis Job / The Kroll Affair hopefully....

hellscrape

Thanks for the heads up, Dash! I've got the complete Volgan War en route to my grubby hands, this will have to follow!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 October, 2022, 02:08:06 PMFull Tilt Boogie volume 2 is due out on 6th July 2023.  It's only 64 pages so I'm sure it'll make the prog before then.

Full Tilt Boogie 2 now scheduled for 27th August 2024.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

From Jake Lynch's twitter feed:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Cover for Fiends Of The Eastern Front Webshop Exclusive Cover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

That surprise cover reveal for prog 2342 - did we know that was on its way?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Have they done a conceal/reveal on the thrillshot before?  I can't recall a previous instance.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 July, 2023, 05:38:31 AMHave they done a conceal/reveal on the thrillshot before?  I can't recall a previous instance.

They did something similar-ish for Bonjo last year, but not this exactly.

Max Headroom

It looks from the contents that the upcoming 'Fiends of the Eastern Front' volume will only feature four stories compared with the Hachette Ultimate Collection version's five. The story 'Fiends of the Western Front' (Progs 2111-2115) is not listed as appearing. This is disappointing, as I would have at the very least expected it to match the Hachette book, if not offer more. Can anyone confirm that it will definitely be missing the aforementioned story?

broodblik

From the webstore it is only these stories:

Fiends of the Eastern Front (the original)
Stalingrad (from the meg 245-252)
1812 (prog 2100-2105)
Strange Meeting (from the 2000AD Sci-Fi Special 2019)