Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 March, 2022, 07:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Mister Pops on 17 March, 2022, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 March, 2022, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 March, 2022, 12:15:32 PM
...NFT rabbit-hole...

Non-Fungible Tokens?

Tokens that can't be turned into mushrooms?

...inside a rabbit's hole?

That reminds of another story today about hairy holes: Scientists claim hairy black holes explain Hawking paradox

---

GFD did present a ton of great ideas in the setting: dreamweavers, biowire, hoppers and all the rest. Cinnabar riffs on a lot of that, as does War Machine (which is RT meets Blade Runner). You can't have one without the other, really.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

JayzusB.Christ

When I read Cinnabar Ihadn't realised how much was already canon- the biowire of course, but also Bagman's [spoiler]flimsy mental state[/spoiler].

I still think Smiffy made it fresher and better though. There's some inarticulate clown on Eamonn's podcast banging on about it, and his views are similar to my own.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Context is king - the positioning of Cinnabar is really why it's so good - it harked back to the golden age of the strip.

The core arc of the strip had ended in 1984 (in prog 392), and we'd then had the not as compelling Horst adventure followed by all-style-no-bite Hit series dribbing and drabbing its way through the prog in disparate fits and starts.

Cinnabar was all like "remember how kick ass this used to be?" and Tharg was all like "Dave Gibbons and me are rebooting it so what-evs".
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.