Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Nikolai Dante vs. Age of the Wolf Round 2 Heat 90

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 April, 2022, 06:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So as we enter the second half of the tourney energy is no doubt flagging. We're all getting a bit sick of this nonsense and wondering can it possibly keep up the excitement and is it all just a bit too ... BOOM!... Hell the first full week of the second half of the tourney reminds us why we're here with a BLISTERING start and to be frank the quality just keeps on coming. WOW if energy was flagging the ties this week will bring us right back into the zone

Well the fickle finger of the draw ALMOST gave us an incredible tie, INCREDIBLE, in fact one that we would not expect until maybe the Quarters, or even the semis... even... maybe the... dare I say it... final? Strontium Dog and Dante were drawn next to each other, it was just pure good fortune that was across two ties - PHEW! - Just goes to show the draw can be cruel at times, but also forgiving!... well unless your Age of the Wolf that is...

Nikolai Dante - more info

Vs

Age of the wolf - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday April 7th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

abelardsnazz

Age of the Wolf had its moments but as with today's other draw it's contending with a behemoth.

Nikolai Dante.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

It's hard to think of much that's going to beat Nikolai Dante - probably only some of the nostalgia-fuelled big hitters like Slaine or Rogue.

Age of the Wolf certainly isn't going to do it. Definitely one of those 'thrills I wanted to like more than I did.'  Lots to appreciate - I liked a lot of what Worley was trying to do - but I'm not sure much of it came off in the execution. For me, it was really hard to pay attention once we'd time-jumped several decades and Rowan was supposed to be an old woman - which amounted to Davis-Hunt drawing her exactly the same, but with grey hair.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

age of the wolf was one of the best designed and plotted stories ever, alongside the sumptuous art of an obvious superstar in the making. i still love it.

but i worship nikolai dante.

Southstreeter

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 April, 2022, 11:08:37 AM
It's hard to think of much that's going to beat Nikolai Dante - probably only some of the nostalgia-fuelled big hitters like Slaine or Rogue.

Age of the Wolf certainly isn't going to do it. Definitely one of those 'thrills I wanted to like more than I did.'  Lots to appreciate - I liked a lot of what Worley was trying to do - but I'm not sure much of it came off in the execution. For me, it was really hard to pay attention once we'd time-jumped several decades and Rowan was supposed to be an old woman - which amounted to Davis-Hunt drawing her exactly the same, but with grey hair.

Agree entirely with all of that. I also wanted to like it, but found I didn't know or care what was going on with each reboot in a different era.

Magnetica

The question I have is, is it actually called Nikolai Dante or is it The Adventures of Nikolai Dante?

Either way it easily gets my vote here.

I am currently re-attempting a complete read through, facilitated by having all the volumes digitally on my iPad and was trying to follow on with Simon Fraser and Eddie Nugent's podcast, but that seems to have stalled, so I need to decide if I am now going to go ahead.