Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Sorry – last question should have been in the comments thread. A bad case of the early morning stupids.
Did you actually make this? In which case – Yowza!
Or do you have the power to have this made? In which case – Respect!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

That's really awesome stuff McFad!
Loving the box too - nice work with the badge for the logo.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 December, 2022, 07:24:50 AM
I want 12 inchs of Gene!

That's what she said!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys- I hadn't planned to "release" Gene until January but the Advent needed another date filled.
What inspired me to box him was the worst Christmas film that I watched for the first time a few weeks ago- Jingle all the way - and imagined mini Squaxx running around trying to find the latest and greatest Tooth figure. Much like what might happen to the Hiya range.

JWare it was a self build from a Hulk figure

Colin my wife has dibs on 12 inches of Gene 😂😂😂

Barrington yes I used a tooth badge to adorn the packaging and I got lucky finding the right size to fit Gene. If I had more time I would have painted the outside but happy with the results.

As said I'll unbox on the 26th and post more detailed pictures and comments.

Overall guys this has been brilliant to be part of and well done to all who have already submitted and those yet to come.
It always astounds me the hidden and not so hidden talent in various guises on this board

So those who missed out this year put your thinking caps on and get ready for next years Advent (I have 😁)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Trooper that is inch for inch worth it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 22 December, 2022, 10:29:16 AM
Overall guys this has been brilliant to be part of and well done to all who have already submitted and those yet to come.
It always astounds me the hidden and not so hidden talent in various guises on this board

Now would everybody please stop raising the bar so effing high? Some of us still have submissions to make.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JWare on 22 December, 2022, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 22 December, 2022, 10:29:16 AM
JWare it was a self build from a Hulk figure

That's a Yowza! then.

Wow I assumed it was one of those cleaver computer generated things, similar to what Mike Carroll used to share here.

If that exists I'm tracking down your address and breaking in to... Ahem I'm even more impressed!

Trooper McFad

[/quote]

Wow I assumed it was one of those cleaver computer generated things, similar to what Mike Carroll used to share here.

If that exists I'm tracking down your address and breaking in to... Ahem I'm even more impressed!
[/quote]

If I'm ever forced to get rid of him by my wife then you'll get first refusal 👍🏻😁

JayzusB.Christ

Wow! That's bleeding arsom, as they used to say round these parts.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rogue Judge

Wow Trooper, that is incredible! Rebellion, hire Mr. McFad and get the Kickstarter going, we need that Gene toy in our  collections!

Trooper McFad

JWare what another great look back and insight to teenage boys influences.That Christmas I was a couple of weeks from my 15th birthday and my Xmas thrills would have been from the Annual. Like you the content wasn't classic but it kept me going through the holidays.

Always enjoy your look backs

Colin YNWA

Oh bonus. I thought it was Legendary Shark today but that was a wonderful entry. I do wonder if I can pick a fav Prog. I have ones that mean most to be... and in the new year I hope we can decide the best year, but best Prog... wow...

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, JWare, your look-backs are always excellent and have the required effect of getting the old nostalgia circuits buzzing, just as they should be at this time of year.

A festive Catsblood toast all round.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

That's me, Johnny Retro, the Boy from Behind the Times. Yesterday's Man bringing you yesterday's progs.