Main Menu

Biscuits

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Regardless of whose favourite digestable comes out on top*, lest we all come together and agree that pink wafers are fucking shiiiiiit.

*The answer is Ginger snaps, and let there be no further word on the matter.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 March, 2023, 11:19:49 AMRegardless of whose favourite digestable comes out on top*, lest we all come together and agree that pink wafers are fucking shiiiiiit.

*The answer is Ginger snaps, and let there be no further word on the matter.

Can only agree with you on the Pink wafers 😂😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PMThere is no finer biscuit than a Mint Club.

Discuss.

Mint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: rogue69 on 08 March, 2023, 07:41:27 PMEveryone has forgotten one of the greatest bicsuits from any kids party, the Party Ring

Never put the words Kids, ring and party in the same post, Operation Yewtree is still ongoing.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Is a Tunnocks teacake a biscuit? A) legally, B) taxwise, and C) scientifically?

Asking for a friend.
DDT did a job on me

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:21:51 PMIs a Tunnocks teacake a biscuit? A) legally, B) taxwise, and C) scientifically?

Asking for a friend.

Clue's in the name there, surely!

I adore Tunnocks teacakes. Way superior to a wagon wheel. My Mum used to send them to me when I was at university as they were so light, so the postage cost less. That essentially meant I used to live off Tunnocks teacakes.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I can abide a jammy wagon wheel, but the original ones are the devil's hockey pucks
You may quote me on that.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:11:58 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PMThere is no finer biscuit than a Mint Club.

Discuss.

Mint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.

First, I was encouraging debate.

Second, what about mint-choc-chip icecream?

Third, you're wrong.
Lock up your spoons!

Tjm86

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the forum, especially considering the last cheese related outrage in these parts, what about Cheddars?

nxylas

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 10 March, 2023, 11:19:49 AMRegardless of whose favourite digestable comes out on top*, lest we all come together and agree that pink wafers are fucking shiiiiiit.
And yet, you can buy packets of just pink wafers, so somebody must be buying them. Who, I have no idea.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:11:58 PMMint and chocolate should, never,never be consumed together.

The exact opposite of the truth: for the only thing that makes mint bearable is the chocolate it is attached to.

Death to the Kendal Mint Cakers!
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 10 March, 2023, 06:20:23 PMyou can buy packets of just pink wafers, so somebody must be buying them

When there was a biscuit selection on the table, as a youngster - I always took the pink wafers first, then the bourbons. I still wouldn't *buy* them, though.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Magnetica

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 March, 2023, 01:01:10 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 March, 2023, 12:21:51 PMIs a Tunnocks teacake a biscuit? A) legally, B) taxwise, and C) scientifically?

Asking for a friend.
Clue's in the name there, surely!

I adore Tunnocks teacakes. Way superior to a wagon wheel. My Mum used to send them to me when I was at university as they were so light, so the postage cost less. That essentially meant I used to live off Tunnocks teacakes.

I much prefer M&S Teacakes to Tunnocks. And they're way cheaper.

But neither is a biscuit surely. It's not even in the same ballpark as the Jaffa Cake debate.

Hawkmumbler

I think when your baked wares have enough soft-yet-firm critical mass to be considered viable implant material, it's not really a biscuit anymore now is it?

Also you can't dunk a Tunnocks, points deducted, poor show.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 March, 2023, 05:57:02 PMAt the risk of incurring the wrath of the forum, especially considering the last cheese related outrage in these parts, what about Cheddars?

Hmm. I always thought these were crackers. Whilst tasty, I'm not sure a savoury 'biscuit' really fits the criteria.

All this talk of marshmallow in a biscuit reminds me Jam Mallows - a flat biscuit with two rows of coconut-covered marshmallow and some jam. Always a prize if scrounged from a plate of biscuits at an elderly relatives, I've not had one for years; they look a bit revolting now.
You're a dark horse, Boots.