Main Menu

Ian Gibson How to draw Judge Dredd

Started by pauljholden, 25 April, 2023, 01:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Recently reminded that there was a double page spread (likely in an annual) which show Ian Gibson drawing a page of Dredd from a Wagner (or possibly TB Grover script). Dredd is on honkers, firing at on coming traffic (he's facing away from the reader). Anyone else remember this? can the furnish me with a scan?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

pauljholden

Oops! Northern Ireland colloquialism sneaked in there, he was on his hunkered down (I think he was technically kneeling on one knee?) anyway I can picture it!

JohnW

It's in the 1985 2000AD Annual.
I don't have a copy anymore, and it wouldn't do me much good if I did because I don't have a scanner anymore either, but I see that there is a downloadable scan to be found here.

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 April, 2023, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 25 April, 2023, 01:59:19 PMDredd is on honkers...

I had to Urban Dictionary that one!

I always said 'on one's hunkers'. I didn't know it was an Irish thing.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 April, 2023, 03:45:19 PMI always said 'on one's hunkers'. I didn't know it was an Irish thing.

In English English the word only seems to survive as a verb: e.g. to hunker down.
(I have dwelt among the English and have learned their speech, innit.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Something just occurred to me, PJ.
Shouldn't you – um – already know how to draw Judge Dredd?
(I mean, if not, how much longer can you keep fooling us all?)

pauljholden

I have NO idea what I'm doing about anything.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me