Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 17 May, 2024, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: Swerty on 17 May, 2024, 03:01:03 PMI think in this weeks Thrill-Mail they actually said they were from the Eagle reprints
Blimey! Well, let's hope they don't follow the reprints too closely...!

Evidence of crimes against comics (or CAC) right there.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Vector14

That's so bad it's funny. The top two panels look like a bad AI attempt to recreate the original.

Steve Green

I'd love to be surprised, but I wouldn't hold up too much hope that it's much more than just the Eagle reprints scanned and made into a trade.

Max Headroom

I have it on good authority, having liaised with the Rebellion team, that although this book will follow the Eagle Comics' colouring scheme, it will be tweaked so that the page ratio issues are addressed. I am reasonably reassured and will be going ahead with this purchase.

Le Fink

Quote from: Max Headroom on 21 May, 2024, 04:55:41 PMI have it on good authority, having liaised with the Rebellion team, that although this book will follow the Eagle Comics' colouring scheme, it will be tweaked so that the page ratio issues are addressed. I am reasonably reassured and will be going ahead with this purchase.

Let us know what you think. The colours shown in the screenshots in this thread put me off rather! I think B&W Carlos art should take colour quite well so I'd love to see it re-coloured using a more modern approach. Not enough money in it I suppose, shame.

IndigoPrime

QuoteAs part of Rebellion's continuing mission to hook a whole new generation on Thrill-power, strips such as Cadet Dredd, Departmetnt K and Pandora Perfect will find a new home in the [Judge Dredd Megazine].
Source.

Well, I didn't see that coming. So as to not derail this thread with Regened discussion, I've set up another thread here: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=49750.0

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 February, 2024, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 February, 2024, 11:27:14 AM
Rebellion Presents The José Muñoz Collection
- Paperback, 128 pages, 21st November 2024

Rebellion presents three action-packed stories from the legendary Lion comic, all featuring the work master of chiaroscuro-style black-and-white art - José Antonio Muñoz.

In 1973, Muñoz worked on three short-lived strips in Lion. A Stitch in Time follows the adventures of a young boy named Stitch Cotton and his alien friend, Varl, after they steal a time machine from the sinister space-master, Mr. Universe. Lost in Limbo Land (written by 2000 AD regular, Chris Lowder), follows Barry Smith - a studious bookworm who is struck by lightning and flung into a world of Norse myth and legend. The final strip, Sark the Sleeper, sees a starship commander accidently woken from hypersleep by two boys who are completely unaware that they passengers flying through deep space in search of a new home.

Frank Pepper had a lengthy career writing for British comics. From the 1930s onwards he wrote for a wide variety of story papers including The Champion, Knockout, and The Comet. He is best known as the creator of Roy of the Rovers for Tiger and Captain Condor for Lion. Other well-known strips he worked on include The Spellbinder and Dan Dare. He died in 1988.

Updated cover:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in August:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! The Judges are in the robots' sights as Judge Dredd: 'Machine Rule' barrels towards its explosive finale, by John Wagner & Colin MacNeil; Bridget Kurtis goes AWOL in Brink: 'Consumed' by Dan Abnett & INJ Culbard; there's the start of a new Rogue Trooper thriller, 'Recon', by Geoffrey D. Wessel & Paul Marshall; a villainous new outfit appears in Herne & Shuck: Suffer the Children by David Barnett & Lee Milmore; and more of the alien-invaded world is revealed in 'Silver' by Mike Carroll & Joe Currie! Plus Prog 2396 is a bumper 48-page issue, with bonus stories!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in August:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The lawman has a hostile ET to take down in 'Hive' by Ian Edginton & Kevin West; Armitage: 'Bullets for an Old Man' by Liam Johnson & Warren Pleece, and Harrower Squad: 'Urban Rotation' by David Baillie & Steve Yeowell both reach their explosive finales, as does Dreadnoughts: 'Nothing to Fear' by Mike Carroll & John Higgins; and there's a complete Tale From the Black Museum. Plus interviews, features and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

A.Cow

Quote from: broodblik on 24 May, 2024, 07:34:19 PM

Bloody hell ... have Frank Miller and Mick McMahon had a baby together?  What's going on with those ankles and boots?

broodblik

I think the artist might be Luke Horsman

Hawkmumbler

I like it! More than a bit of John McCrea to it!

nxylas

Something about the pose puts me in mind of Bolland's £ast Dredd.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richard

Doomlord66

Quote from: Richard on 25 May, 2024, 05:55:43 PMI hate it!

Hmmm, I'm not a fan of this. To me it looks like Dredd has had replacement robot arms and legs.