Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

O Lucky Stevie!

I'm not a fan of generic Dredd covers because after a while variations of Dredd pointing Lawgiver & Dredd riding Lawmaster all begin to look the same.

This, however, is a thing of great beauty.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Dredd Lucky Legs - Lucky they don't snap at the ankle.

It's very stylish. I'm with Doomlord66 though - it does look like Dredd has robotic legs, and Justic brand sneakers.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Le Fink

I thought, at first glance, on my mobile phone, that Dredd had mounted a robot ostrich. Having zoomed in a bit I can see what's going on and kudos to Luke for doing something different. It is like McCrea to the power of McCrea.

PsychoGoatee

Say, when do you think we'll see Spector collected? And has their been enough for a collection so far, and do we know if it'll run again?

Le Fink

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 02 June, 2024, 08:13:55 PMSay, when do you think we'll see Spector collected? And has their been enough for a collection so far...

I asked this of John Wagner at Lawless and he reckoned it will be collected around September this year. That'll be a very nice book, I think Carlos's final art? And tremendous follow up by Dan Cornwell - I'll be getting it. It did run for many episodes but not sure on the page count.

Quote...and do we know if it'll run again?

I also asked this. He said he was a bit discouraged to continue by some of the reaction to the first series. Personally, I really enjoyed it. Maybe us Spector fans should shout from the rooftops and perhaps he'll be encouraged to continue with it???

GIVE US MORE SPECTOR, JOHN (please?)

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

13school

Yeah, Spector was great. Definitely keen for another series

Colin YNWA

I think Spectre got better as it went on and ended really well. I'd absolutely welcome more. I mean more John Wagner and more Dan Cornwell - what's not to like!

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Le Fink on 03 June, 2024, 07:00:56 AMGIVE US MORE SPECTOR, JOHN (please?)

Where's the bloody like button when you need one?

Incorruptible was 100 pages so enough for a (slim) collected edition.

I'd welcome a graphic novel of the first outing or would be happy to wait for a new series and see them both collected together.

AlexF

I loved Spector's personailty and would welcome more series on that basis alone - but if I'm honest, much as the story worked on a thrill-per-episode count, it kind of relied on the baddies being people who a) live in the future but b) seem to be as clueless as someone from the 1970s might be about how AI works and is already applied in today's world. Spector had it easy is what I'm saying!

But overall it's a fascinating part of the 'John Wagner hates all robots (or does he?)' canon. There's a Molch-R style long-form essay book in that, I'm telling you.

Dash Decent

Aussie 4K UHD + Blu-ray release of Dredd - Via Vision Entertainment, August 2024

Limited Edition 3D Lenticular Hardcase + Art Cards

Limited to a maximum of 2000 units.

──────────────────

The action-packed post-apocalyptic blockbuster Dredd arrives on 4K & Blu-ray in a Limited Edition 3D Lenticular Hardcase with six exclusive Art Cards.

Based on the 2000 AD comic strip Judge Dredd created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, Dredd is filled with stunning visual effects and action sequences.

Starring Karl Urban (The Boys), Olivia Thirlby (Juno), and Lena Headey (Game Of Thrones), directed by Pete Travis, and written and produced by Alex Garland (Civil War, Ex Machina).

The America of the post-apocalyptic future is an irradiated wasteland – a vast, ultraviolent world where criminals control the mean city streets. Ultimate law enforcers like Dredd (Karl Urban) and his new partner, Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), are Judges – the only force battling for justice. Dispatched by the central authority, the Judges' target is Ma-Ma (Lena Headey), a ruthless boss bent on expanding her criminal empire through sales of Slo-Mo, a dangerous reality-altering drug. With Dredd calling the shots, the two judges declare full-scale war on crime in this unrelenting, brutal thrill ride.

Special Features & Technical Specs:

Disc One: 4K UHD
HDR10 presentation of the film on 4K UHD
Mega City Masters: 35 Years of Judge Dredd
Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D
Dredd – featurette
Dredd's Gear – featurette
The 3rd Dimension – featurette
Welcome to Peach Trees – featurette
Dredd – motion comic prequel
Theatrical Trailer
Audio: Dolby Atmos
Aspect Ratio 2.40:1
Optional English HOH Subtitles

Disc Two: Blu-ray
1080p High-Definition presentation on Blu-ray
NEW Audio Commentary by award-winning comic book and Dredd film concept artist Jock, & 2000 AD Brand Manager and author of "I Am The Law: How Judge Dredd Predicted Our Future", Michael Molcher
Mega City Masters: 35 Years of Judge Dredd
Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D
Dredd – featurette
Dredd's Gear – featurette
The 3rd Dimension – featurette
Welcome to Peach Trees – featurette
Dredd – motion comic prequel
Theatrical Trailer
Audio DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 + LPCM 2.0 Stereo

Disc Three: 3D Blu-ray
1080p High-definition 3D presentation on Blu-ray
Audio DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 + LPCM 2.0 Stereo

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

That's one nasty looking image

Barrington Boots

Wow, that is brutal. Looks great!
You're a dark horse, Boots.