Main Menu

Prog 2350 - 2000ad Battle Action*

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 September, 2023, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: broodblik on 22 September, 2023, 12:40:00 PMFrom Chris Weston:

Five years ago I created this tribute piece to Carlos Ezquerra featuring his creations. Something in it gave me an idea.... and five years later...

Love it, a brilliant and fitting tribute in my honest & humble opinion.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

IndigoPrime

I suspect there are multiple reasons for this. The logotype visually links 2000 AD and the Meg from a branding perspective. The fan logo feels more like the brand logo than just the comic logo. But also, you these days have to think more widely than in the days of acres of newsstand space. Now, titles need to be easily and rapidly legible in thumbnails, from a distance on those shelves that do remain, and so on.

M.I.K.

Yep. Speaking from personal experience, (before I subscribed), "2000AD" in the top left corner and "AD" rotated 90 degrees in the top right corner makes it way easier to spot the comic on newsagents shelves when other stuff is haphazardly stacked in front of it.

scrotnig

I guess that's all fair enough. I'm sure that's the reason they fairly quickly went back to having a "banner" style logo instead of something that was just top left corner.

scrotnig

I now have a physical copy of the non-subscriber Prog....damn you, Tharg, I've never done that before....and I have to say it is a thing of great beauty. Not that the subscriber cover isn't also that. It's well worth getting both! I'm not going to make a habit of this though, Tharg, d'ya hear?

broodblik

From Kenneth Niemand's twitter:

Well, the Battle-Action/prog merger special event is officially a success, and so we're doing another - different - one next year.

Now to figure out what the theme's going to be...
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

2000 AD/Whizzer and Chips, clearly.

I'm glad this worked out for everyone. It was a really solid Prog and Meg. As I've said elsewhere, I just found it a little frustrating that a handful of the strips didn't continue. Although I suppose if Tharg thinks they have legs, they may well get full series.

Bad City Blue

Wow, so many talented writers and the bosses couldn't be arsed to make the stories one and dones.

Absolute bollocks.

The usual mismanagement I've come to expect from Rebellion.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 27 September, 2023, 03:14:50 PMThe usual mismanagement I've come to expect from Rebellion.

I fear you may have fundamentally misunderstood the entire concept of the issue...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 September, 2023, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 27 September, 2023, 03:14:50 PMThe usual mismanagement I've come to expect from Rebellion.

I fear you may have fundamentally misunderstood the entire concept of the issue...

I completely understand the concept of the issue

I simply despise the fact its a one off that left me unfulfilled.

Great, a alternate universe crossover, a brilliant idea.

Why not make it self contained?
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

M.I.K.

Because if it was real it wouldn't be.

Le Fink

Richard

I'd actually be quite happy with Scream!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 September, 2023, 05:37:22 PMBecause if it was real it wouldn't be.

Exactly this. It's part of the conceit.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

scrotnig

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 27 September, 2023, 03:14:50 PMWow, so many talented writers and the bosses couldn't be arsed to make the stories one and dones.

Absolute bollocks.

The usual mismanagement I've come to expect from Rebellion.
Eh?