Main Menu

Crazy eBay pricing? Or the new normal?

Started by user2000, 17 September, 2023, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: user2000 on 20 September, 2023, 07:13:52 AMI'll probably just start bulk listing these in bundles

Please let us know if you do.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Lawman of the Present

Quote from: StinkStinkyPete on 17 September, 2023, 08:16:14 PMMake sure your title is good.  Don't say 'Nemesis Book 5', say '2000ad Nemesis Book 5 Titan Book Pat Mills' to increase likelihood when people key in an ebay item.

Possibly the best eBay deal I ever won was when hunting for Psi Files 2. After a couple years, I'd only seen a few dog-eared copies which tended to sell in auction for a strangely specific £57.

I ended up finding a vague listing titled "Judge Anderson Book Bundle", which comprised if I remember correctly, Psi Files 1-5, the Shamballa tpb, plus a copy of the movie US format one-shot.

No doubt due to the title, nobody else seemed to notice the listing, and I think I won the lot for around £50 total. All were in excellent condition.

Goes to show how good key words are important.

IndigoPrime

Indeed. I remember during my years of fruitless searches for the HC Usagi Yojimbo collection (now, fortunately, finally reissued and generally available again), I managed to miss one because it had left off one of the names. And another had misspelled 'Usagi'. So it went for below cover price. Gah.

So, yeah. As a buyer, always think around the subject matter for searches, because you might get lucky. And as a seller, be precise if you have something you know has some worth. (You see this also with toys. Some folks will sell bundles or list with generic headers, when they could have made far more by listing under specific names of each item.)

rogue69

IndigoPrime