Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vector14

Andys Judge Death and the kid is creepier than anything I've seen in an actual Judge Death story!  :lol:

Funt Solo

QuoteBogie the Fungus Man

*applause*
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Dash Decent

Mortis & Wise wins it for me, though there are many other great puns and funny lines in there.  I also like the "yeti bit all her legs off" rather than "...both her legs off", suggesting she has more than two.  Love the MC1 institute in the second piece, and the spoiler-tastic title.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Judge Woody

Great idea reposting your Art stars entry M.I.K. Might did mine out, as I didn't manage to get mine finished in time to enter.

Judge Woody

Speaking of posting advent stuff and comments, is there a thread regarding Drokktober art and those who submitted stuff for it ?

Trooper McFad

MIK that Christmas Day schedule is super- the puns are brilliant and the little details on the page is like a look back when I'd rifle through the radio times (back in the 80s)

And the short is fun too.

Dash keep them coming - love the "0001 ad" touch
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

That is excellent MLK - good Dredd too.
Can someone remind me what the Christmas Povey and Traskmaster refer to?

And another winner from Dash!

Le Fink

Quote from: Judge Woody on 09 December, 2023, 03:28:29 AMSpeaking of posting advent stuff and comments, is there a thread regarding Drokktober art and those who submitted stuff for it ?
I posted a few on the creative common Does my art look big in this? thread, which is somewhere folks can post drawings and the like. I'll look at creating a separate thread next time if there's interest.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Le Fink on 09 December, 2023, 08:55:34 AMCan someone remind me what the Christmas Povey and Traskmaster refer to?

Povey will be Yassa Povey, the young Cursed Earth boy who helped out The Dead Man, but suffered for it.

Trask - I *think* that's the name of the main character from Trash.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 09 December, 2023, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 09 December, 2023, 08:55:34 AMCan someone remind me what the Christmas Povey and Traskmaster refer to?

Povey will be Yassa Povey, the young Cursed Earth boy who helped out The Dead Man, but suffered for it.

Yep. It's that.

Le Fink

Quote from: M.I.K. on 09 December, 2023, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 09 December, 2023, 03:04:29 PM

Yep. It's that.
Povey - of course it is. Thanks!
Trash - I read it at the time and have no recollection of the story or art at all. Which is M.I.K.'s point, I guess.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Le Fink on 09 December, 2023, 06:14:51 PMTrash - I read it at the time and have no recollection of the story or art at all.

No blame attached, there.

It's one of those 90s thrills where you could enjoy the art (it's by Nigel Dobbyn, whose art I always enjoyed), but the story was a bit meandering. Eco-Bobby Trask has been teleported in from London (I would say) and is up against a mutant mega-plant that has taken over Central Park. The real enemy? Shady something corporate something explosions blah.

Le Fink

I like Nigel Dobbyn's art too. It is ringing a faint bell now.

That Medivac series he did was pretty decent. Wouldn't mind seeing that collected in the UC, maybe with Trash. Any other Dobbyns apart from the Stront stuff which I think is already collected?

Back to the thread, that is the grumpiest Mekon I've seen, Andy. Superb stuff!

Andy Lambert

Thank you, Le Fink!  :D

Just read TLS's Christmas story - giving me some epic visuals in my mind's eye, and I'm very much looking forward to the next part. M.I.K.'s tv schedule was very clever and funny, and I very much enjoyed the Dredd strip. Le Fink - your finished prog cover looks awesome, giving off the fun Christmas vibes of classic covers of past progs. Great stuff!
Love the Gila Munja strip from Colin - stupid Gila Munja! More cute snowman from Woody - nice one, and that last cartoon from Dash actually made me groan out loud...!  :lol:
Almost halfway to Christmas...!

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Andy  :D

If you fancy drawing it, there's a whole year until the next AC...  ;)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]