Main Menu

Lawless 2024

Started by GoGilesGo, 17 December, 2023, 08:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Many thanks re confirming about Garth Ennis, good news. (He's definitely not on the list of guests on the lawlesscomiccon website which is where I was looking ?)
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Marbles on 14 May, 2024, 07:45:27 PM(He's definitely not on the list of guests on the lawlesscomiccon website which is where I was looking ?)

That list is definitely out of date — I'm not on it, either!  :D

Here's the most up-to-date guest list, from the Lawless FB page...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

It's great to see so many boarders able to attend this year's Lawless. I hope to put a lot of faces to the names on here - Barrington Boots & Jim I have faces so can pick them out. Maybe a name badge with our board names on would help 😂😂😂

On the Saturday look out for the mad Scotsman or the guy with blue GI T on and the Sunday I'll risk wearing a RoK of the reds away top (shouldn't really wear a football top at my age 😁)
Is there anyone else going to the bash on the Saturday evening?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

No evening do for me I'm afraid mate, I didn't fancy dressing up! I'll catch you after for some drinks in the bar?

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys for the first time!
Last couple of years I've worn my heavy metal jacket for easy identification but it's hot and heavy for going round a con, so I'll tag up what I'm wearing on the day. I'm sure I'll be easy to find in a room full of similar-looking men.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I managed to book to late to get a ticket for the VIP bash - so Barrington if you fancy playing out in the evening that would be super cool.

To be honest it might be a little to sit down at a table to be as much fun as hanging out at the bar has always been at cons I've been to in the past has been. But sounds like it could be a blast for those who have got tickets.

Trooper McFad

Boots defo meet up for a drink after the VIP thing

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 May, 2024, 08:37:40 AMYeah I managed to book to late to get a ticket for the VIP bash - so Barrington if you fancy playing out in the evening that would be super cool.

It'd be a pleasure!

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 15 May, 2024, 08:40:42 AMBoots defo meet up for a drink after the VIP thing

Definitely! You can tell us all about hobnobbing with the big names

Hawkmumbler

Indeed I'm on rather of a budget at the moment so only see myself picking up a few things on impulse throughout the day.
Mostly just be please for the socials, no VIP party for myself naturally but a quite few at the pub never goes amiss.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 May, 2024, 09:12:12 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 15 May, 2024, 08:40:42 AMBoots defo meet up for a drink after the VIP thing

Yeah we can live vicariously through you!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 May, 2024, 09:08:38 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 May, 2024, 09:12:12 AM

Yeah we can live vicariously through you!
I'm sure there's a NDA that comes with the tickets 😂😂😂😂

If I'm not too star struck and remember the conversations I'll spill the beans 😉

Barrington Boots

I'll be doing my packing shortly before heading down nice an early tomorrow to avoid Bristol traffic, unlike last year...

For anyone that would like to say hi: although a lot of the attendees will be bearded middle-aged men and I fit that demographic, I've got long hair and a massive beard, and I'll be wearing a shirt with the sleeves off, thrash metal style. I've got a Cobra tattoo on my upper arm (Action Force / GI Joe style Cobra, not a legit cobra) -b basically I look like a homeless guy.

I'd love to meet and chat and maybe even have a beer with you guys on here so please do say hello!

Colin YNWA

I will defo be saying hello and fully expect to be given triffle when I do!

pauljholden

I'll be there all day saturday and about half day Sunday, so if you're after a sketch, or summit, hit me up early! (*and hit me up often!)

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 May, 2024, 11:16:00 AMI will defo be saying hello and fully expect to be given triffle when I do!

I fear your trifle expectation may exceed a barren trifle reality but don't give up hope.

Would love to get a sketch from you PJ!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 24 May, 2024, 11:27:07 AMI'll be there all day saturday and about half day Sunday, so if you're after a sketch, or summit, hit me up early! (*and hit me up often!)

Hit the Holden droid. Check...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.