Main Menu

Wrap It Up

Started by Funt Solo, 29 December, 2023, 07:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Leigh S on 12 May, 2024, 08:41:08 PMEdmund Bagwell using a pseudnym IIRC

Listed as Edmund Kitsune & Richard Preston.

Is Richard Preston a real person? Perhaps a colorist on this?

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, great art for a great script. Blind Iggy is 'a strict Jovus Witless and refuses to wear bios, which is a pretty moronic thing to do and warns him a lot of cred with the gang'.

Also that poor kid getting his nads crushed at the start - ow.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

24 - Wot No Tharg?

If there's one thing you can guarantee if the cover's a character montage, it's the presence of Tha..?

The Best of 2000 AD Special Edition #1 (1993; Ian Gibson, Mick McMahon & Kevin O'Neill ) - this one's a kick-ass montage from three of the greats. Scanning the spine was not easy! Form a line for the Dredd's feet complaints, form a line! Sláine'll be right with you.

---

A New Wave of Thrill-Power! (prog 964; 1995; John Higgins) - an interesting Higgins mash-up that required a fresh scan because the MIB have removed all the online copies. If you look really closely at the starry backdrop you can see Tharg, near Betelgeuse, giving Bish-OP the middle finger.

---

Next: altered states...
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 June, 2024, 02:54:53 AMForm a line for the Dredd's feet complaints, form a line!

Forget Dredd, Alpha's got a pegleg like a pirate.

(Yes, I know the cows out there are far away.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

It's an odd cover, and one that I didn't really appreciate at the time (I hadn't quite got to grips with Mick McMahon's increasingly experimental style or Ian Gibson's increasingly less detailed one) but looking back now, I love it.  Kudos to the colourist too, who brings three very different drawing styles together very nicely - was it Gina Hart?

It's also quite poignant to look at it now, with half of those four art droids no longer with us.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Vector14

I like how Gibsons Robo Hunter and O Neills Hammerstein are interacting with each other.

Alpha looks like he's dancing a merry jig