Main Menu

Prog 2382: Beware Iron Teeth

Started by IndigoPrime, 11 May, 2024, 11:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don wiskerando

Just listened to the ThrillCast podcast which is an interview with Mike Carroll.  If anyone else has listened to the bit about Proteus Vex, did we already know this news?  I'll spoiler it but it's not about plot details [spoiler]This[/spoiler]

don wiskerando

Well I'm glad that I messed the spoiler contents now because those tags didn't work like I expected.

Woolly

norton canes

Yeah it's a thrill-powered five out of five this week, made even more impressive by each strip being so spectacularly different. Interesting quote from Dredd in the aftermath of 'A Better World':

"Forget personal independence. Compliant and obedient - that's what makes good cits."

It's almost like the Dredd scripting hydra's heads are really talking to each other.

broodblik

A very good prog or rather a high 5 prog this round.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh my Prog review from the weekend isn't here... I wonder what happened there and how I managed not to post it??? Anyway I think I said Dredd was a solid set up, Aquila had a bit of a damp ending compared to the rest but is setting up the next bit I guess. Intestinauts looks amazing and brings a nice balance to the Prog, Brink is AMAZING, Proteus Vex is AMAZING...

...BUT the final story according to the Thrillcast this week!!! Did we know that. Sounds lile it'll be longer (15 parts) bit Mike Carroll was hoping to do at least one more story. WHY THARG WHY!!!!

don wiskerando

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 May, 2024, 09:08:31 PM...BUT the final story according to the Thrillcast this week!!! Did we know that. Sounds lile it'll be longer (15 parts) bit Mike Carroll was hoping to do at least one more story. WHY THARG WHY!!!!

That's the news that I was trying to spoiler up-thread.   Last series and we're past half way through.

IndigoPrime

Disappointing but only because it's so good. I thought this would run and run. Such fantastic worldbuilding. Oh well. :(

norton canes

Funt Solo

I like the idea of ending on a deliberate high note, but it is a cool universe.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

broodblik

It might be Proteus Vex end but no need to end the vexverse
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 16 May, 2024, 03:37:05 AMIt might be Proteus Vex end but no need to end the vexverse

That would be very cool.

broodblik

A Midnight spin-off mister Carroll please with some wonderful Lynch art

Grush

Excellent line-up of thrills in the prog. I think it's the first time in the two and a half years since I returned that I've loved all five. (normally it's 4 or 3 which is fine, as it's an anthology)

Barrington Boots

Final series? Say it aint so! I feel like there's a lot left to explore here.
Something else in the same universe would be great.
You're a dark horse, Boots.