Main Menu

the long walk

Started by judge dreddd, 10 July, 2003, 03:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Just what I`ve been thinking Mikey! I bet some shrewd mutie entrepreneur has a brothel not far from the city that take payment in lawgiver rounds, old copies of the law book and judge uniforms
 On the other hand, given that these people are old and on foot and the extreme dangers of the Cursed Earth, I wonder if there aren`t huge piles of skeletons in Judge uniforms that the Justice Department has to clean up once in a while

Oddboy

Don't forget that according to Robbie Morrison's "Judge Dredd: Relentless" (progs1237-1239) *EVERY* long-walked judge in the Cursed Earth was killed (crucified & burnt) by the Snakey-Head mutie and his giant scorpion riding pals.

So only judges who've retired since 1223 will be out there. Unless of course you *do* forget that.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Oh, yeah.

Let's forget that.

- Trout

Proudhuff

Logan! Don't go, this is just the time we need a firm hand on the tiller, The likes of rc will come and go but your skills are needed, don't take the long (board)walk!

Logan's right tho' about time wasting, I will after 25 years end me work in an office on Wednesday next week, guilty as charged me'lud, for the last couple of years, horrible mundane office work has been lighten by this board. But I wouldn't really want to trawl through it of an evening...

Stick around Logan your mega-city needs you!

Huff The Elda.
DDT did a job on me

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

Someone's stuck way up their own arse here.

thinky

After wading through god knows how many messages in the last week or so decided its time to take the long walk once again to recharge the batteries and come back to the board when reading it doesn?t seem like a chore. I like off topic but have got more bored of reading stuff that seems like its posted to relieve the time of bored office workers.

well done logan... it's comments like this that fitst started to make me feel alienated on the board due to the 'establishment' having their own set of rules that outsiders weren't part of

by all means temporarily retire from the board when you feel like it, but please don't patronise us all on the way out. it's not *your* messageboard, it's everyone's

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

W. R. Logan

>well done logan... it's comments like this that fitst started to make me feel alienated on the board due to the 'establishment' having their own set of rules that outsiders weren't part of

>by all means temporarily retire from the board when you feel like it, but please don't patronise us all on the way out. it's not *your* messageboard, it's everyone's

Cant remember ever claiming this place to be mine, I answer a few questions, talk about 2000 and take part in the odd off-topic thread, sure there are plenty of people who post way more than me.
After working on anything from 12 hours to over 20 hours a day and then having to try and get through the messages in my in box I thought I?d take a break till work settles down again.

As for being patronising didn?t think I was unless it was to bored office workers. As this place being for everyone, I always thought it was but have reservations as to how many people don?t take part when on any given day 2000AD is probably the least talked about topic. This is a message board, anonymous people posting messages, sure there are people who know each other after meeting at events like Bristol, Dredd:Con or Shed:Con but alienation on the 2000AD message board what a crock of shit. Cant think of a more friendly forum, there are posters who don?t get on but people don?t use real names so if people fuck up in any way there?s nothing stopping then from reinventing themselves and creating a new persona.

Quite happy for people to have a girly fit if they think any part of my post was directed at them but I only got this part of the thread because someone sent it to me. Any bored office workers out there who feel the need to have a go please feel free to follow the link in my sig and send any posts to my e-mail address and see the rest of you once work calms down a bit.

La Placa Rifa,
mailto:Logan@classof79.freeserve.co.uk>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

Floyd-the-k

I`ve been trying to forget that. Anyway, that`s just what Snakey head mutie said - I bet there`s lots that he missed

Devons Daddy

i would think the cursed earth is a soft option these days.given the outposts regular hot dog runs,hell trekkers settling down.

but those that take the undercity.now thats a whole difernt kettle of fish or werewolf.

how is down there?
GRIM

only the judges gone soft take the west wall exit.
the undercity is for the jaded yet tough ones.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

stront692

what about the judge in the meg - koburn, thats the way its going now

im pretty snakey head missed a few

and id take the undercity anyday :o)

and im a bored home worker more and more these days (even more so now), does that count

Misanthrope

Does this mean when you do come back, you will have been burnt to a crisp and have forgotten who you are?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

"im pretty snakey head missed a few"

Had a few, Stront?

;)