Main Menu

The Sci-Fi & Fantasy League

Started by Oddboy, 10 December, 2003, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

The 2003 League is fast approaching it's conclusion - and there are prizes! The Ultimate overall winner* will get the GN of their choice (providing it's available from the Future Shop)
Runners up prizes include:
- 2x Dredd "Helter Skelter" GNs (courtesy of DXB)
- Dredd "Death Aid" GN (courtesy of DXB)
- Gorillaz DVD (courtesy of DXB)
- Best Of 2000AD #110-111 - includes Zenith "Phase II", Luke Kirby "Summer Magic" & Zenith poster
- Megazines 3.1-3.7 - Anderson "Satan" & Dredd "3 Amigos"

However, you know what? I can't quite be arsed to run it again next year. But if anyone else fancies taking up the mantle, feel free!

* - Currently, the ultimate winner happens to be me! I must stress that I *wasn't* cheating, it's just that picking Dan Abnett as script droid was a smart move & it's only been recently that I've over taken Nick "Pat Mills" Coyle.

Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/league.html" target="_blank">The League

Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Hmmm. Shouldn't John Smith have earned me some points for Meatmonger?

Oddboy

Sorry David, but check the rules: Scripts for Dredd don't count...one week away from the conclusion, it's a bit late to change them now.

Feel really guilty now, after your generous prize donations...

DavidXBrunt

I thought it was just Wagner scripts that didn't count on Dredd. Hmmmm. You live, you learn.

ukdane

DXB: Yeah, I and with Rennie,being nr 2 on Dredd, I though I had picked well.
Oh well, all being well and good, I should come in in the top 3.
:-)

Thanks for a good game Odders. Please do it again next year!

(Or is there anyway we can get it automated on this site, so that as soon as a new prog is added to the database, the scores are updated?)
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Okay then...I'll do it again.

Any bids for artists/characters will be discounted at this time to stop anyone nabbing all the best team in one go.

I myself shall not play next year, as I feel kinda guilty for ass-whupping y'all.

Go!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Gordon Rennie for me.

Would go for Abnett but won't on the basis it might mean I would be tempted to like Sinister Dexter/ Durhamd Red more than I really do.

But I quite like Cabbalistics
Lock up your spoons!

Woolly

Not sure what ive got to do as ive never played owt like this before, but.....

Dan Abnett.

(is that good, or bad?)

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Leigh S

Devons Daddy

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

by the odders
thanks for the hard work on the league all year.
top stuff every month.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

I thought it was just Wagner scripts that didn't count on Dredd. Hmmmm. You live, you learn.

Okay - new rules for 2004 league:
Dredd scripts will count - but NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PICK JOHN WAGNER AS THEIR SCRIPTDROID OR JUDGE DREDD AS THEIR CHARACTER.

Is that fairer? If not argue your case & I might change the rules for the 2005 Leauge.

Dudley